trouble with ADY engine

triumph

hi all
i need your advice about my cupra gti 6k

ive changed the ABF engine with ADY 2L 8V, cause the ABF cost mor than 1000$ in my country jordan, but ive got a trouble with ADY engine, sure its not the same hp, but im problem is the electric power, cause its always cut, and i changed the distributor of electricity with new one, and its still the same problem, and the rpm cuts at 5000rpm, so plz help me

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Maybe the timing is out a little bit, either the ignition timing or the valve timing.:)

Last edited:

triumph

ive replaced it but its the same , some say its maybe the crank sensor ??? is that possible??? and there is alot of bing bang sounds come out from the exhaust speicaly when i moved my leg out of the gazoline- petrol pedal

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
That sounds like the timing is retarded but is it possible to adjust that on your car? It would stop the car revving as high and could cause the backfiring noise too. You haven't missed a vacuum pipe or anything have you?:)

Yeh I was wondering if the valve timing might be out by 1 or 2 teeth, it would still run but not as good.

triumph

thanks Mr seatmann
oh ya, i missed to check the timming belt cause theres some screech come out from it, and ive changed the exhaust cause some one said to me that the bakfiirring sound come from it, and its still the same, and the engine Lose power and chokes some times, which makes me press the clutch again to retrieve the power.

ahmedfoxo

check the spertor may be give the engine low or high electricity it must b accurate
the engine when do high rpm u hear boom on the muffler and ther is no accleration ??