Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

TSR Xcellence Lux

Discussion in 'Ateca' started by Bengal, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Bengal

Bengal Full Member

Hi all,

Does anyone know if TSR is still on these models or if its gonna require a vcds enabling.

2. Tell

Tell Full Member

At the launch of the Ateca in 2016 there were four "safety and security" options as per the brochure on the Xcellence:

Driving Assistance Pack 1:
    Includes high beam assist, and lane assist (includes Convenience Pack) – –

Driving Assistance Pack 2:
    Includes: High beam assist, lane assist, traffi c sign recognition –––

Advanced Driving Assistance Pack: Includes: Driving Assistance
    Pack 1 plus blind spot detection and rear cross traffic alert.
    (Includes Convenience Pack)
    – –

Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack Plus²: Includes Traffic Jam Assist,
    Emergency Assist Adaptive Cruise Control, Driving
    Assistance Pack 2,
    and Pedestrian Protection, Blind Spot Detection and Rear Cross Traffic
    Alert. (Not available in combination with other Driving Assistance Packs)

It was only on pack 2 and the Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack Plus² (call it 4). You need the lane assist camera for it if you want to turn it on via VCDS coding. I have read other cameras but I wouldn't bother... lane assist camera is fine, that's the one the internal software is designed to use. I know Obdeleven will do it with pack 1 since someone in S Ireland did it. Use the coding rather than the micro payment apps which in 2017 didn't do it, but the published stuff did. I put that on the Obdeleven thread here after helping them. It's the lane assist camera it uses :).

So question is what packs do the Xcellence Lux have.

https://www.seat.co.uk/car-shopping-tools/brochure-download.html?seacmp=11_MODEL_ATECA_BMM:GOOGLE:Brochure:+ateca++brochure:NA:NA&dns=true&ds_rl=1039188&ds_rl=1184786&ds_rl=1221037&gclid=CjwKCAiAodTfBRBEEiwAa1haur-Ja4gv3FbwdaMn9-RzeAh3VR3kt34JtKk0IBV8cAdjDETTxuMAexoC01MQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Well page 40 of the November 2019 brochure says

"
    Advanced Driving Assistance Pack:
    High beam assist + Lane assist + Blind spot
    detection + Rear cross traffic alert
    "

Reckon that's option 3 of the last marketing spiel before they hatched out the FR option, span the Lux and Cupra. Life's too short but I bet its on the Cupra :).

You could buy yourself the Odbeleven full coding option, use with an Android or find someone to turn it on with VCDS.

It's possible that the dealer ordering system might allow it (ask). Like the panoramic roof question the configurator was always in the past the defecto options and the brochure provided the back up text and you priced up yourself with the price list as a cross check on the configurator. I suspect it's been dropped to force customers to go into a different price range.

PS I find it very good.

Bengal likes this.
  3. Bengal

Bengal Full Member

Thank you fortunately I have vcds so if its not standard I will hopefully just enable it if the dealer doesn't :)

Tell likes this.
  4. aggie

aggie Full Member

Tell, I have a camera at the rear of the mirror how do i activate TSR with VCDS cable?

5. Bengal

Bengal Full Member

6. Tell

Tell Full Member

Think that's what I was about to suggest this thread... check the differences.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/top...ried-and-tested/?tab=comments#comment-4476927

I see this one says

Controller A5 (Front / front view camera)

07 - Coding

Byte 16

Bit 4 - tick this box: Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR/VZE) active [PR-QR9]

That is the Ateca lane assist camera. This is the one you want.

The Spanish Forum have it listed for the Ateca in Obdeleven form so you can cross check that with historic stuff for other cars

https://www.clubseatateca.com/threa...deleven-procesos-verificados.2417/#post-98523

Translated:

CONTRIBUTED BY @RaulKO :

RECOGNITION OF TRAFFIC SIGNALS

Before proceeding, it is highly recommended to make backups of the modules to be touched, which are: A5, 5F and 17

We access the A5 module and go to Coding , Bytes mode . (Front Sensor Driver Assist)

In Byte 16 we activate bit 4.

We accept the change and then access the 5F module , adaptation.

We enter the Adaptation option Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2 and activate the following parameters :

menu_display_road_sign_identification and menu_display_road_sign_identification_over_threshold_high

We accept the change and enter the option Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2 Adaptation , where we activate the following parameter:

traffic_sign_recognition_0x21

Now we look for the option traffic_sign_recognition_0x21_msg_bus and we give it the Databus Infotainment value (the text may vary depending on the language, but it is what it says is the Infotainment bus)

We accept the change and, finally, we access the module 17 (dash board)

Inside Coding, Bytes mode, in Byte 5 we activate bit 2.

As soon as we confirm the change, we will see that the compass in the FIS has moved to the lower left zone, leaving the upper central zone free in the FIS.

I recommend restarting the Infotainment (press +10 seconds the power button) so that the configuration option under Car-> Assistance to the driver is refreshed.

----

"In Byte 16 we activate bit 4"

Tallies with the link I posted above.. not on the first post of 2013 link. See below where I've responded to what it says in that thread.

Further checking, the mod appears on a German Allspace thread so there is nothing specific that you have to do for the digital dash apart from doing the mod and toggling it on in the car's system.

https://www.clubvwtiguan.com/threads/se-puede-activar-reconocimiento-de-senales-con-obdeleven.11857/

That one also give you what you need to do if you have the VW HUB, the fighter pilot display that rises... not on the Ateca yet... extra settings.

What I'll do is put up some OBDEleven screens of my factory installed one against the text on the OBDEleven thread for anyone coming to it that way.

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....vity-working-ones-for-the-ateca.438134/page-4

#6 Tell, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  7. Tell

Tell Full Member

See above post. The first post on that 2013 link is using the front camera rather than the lane assist camera. Must have been an early version of top view. Hint. you need to scan that thread looking for the A5 instructions which is the lane assist module who's camera you need to use, need this bit to access the lane assist camera rather than what was originally shown:

In Byte 16 we activate bit 4

Not

07 - Coding

Byte 1

Bit 0 Enable - "01 traffic sign recognition (FTE) active"

The Ateca Spanish Forum although expressed in Obdeleven form has the module, byte settings. That tallies with the more recent Briskoda link post 6 above and my cogitation on whether the dashboard settings would be the same with a digital dash.

#7 Tell, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018