Tuning a "High Mileage" PD130 FR TDi

Hardcore

Diesel lover
Jul 31, 2013
West Scotland
I think after consideration i'm going to go with the Revo stage 1 and turbo back exhaust and see how i get on with the clutch. If it starts to slip then i'll replace it. I'm more of an eco driver and i don't ever launch it, floor it from lower revs or do aggressive gear changes but i just think the standard power is still a bit too tame.

When i was looking at replacement clutches what's the views on a Sachs organic clutch with Sachs DMF as well?

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Yeah it's a challenge but highly frustrating when you need to quickly overtake in the higher gears and all you get is a whapp whhappp whhapp as the revs spin until the clutch finally grips and by that time your overtaking window has disappeared!

Ha ha I'd be like half way past and the clutch would just suddenly let go! Oooof! Clean underwear time :D

Hardcore

Diesel lover
Jul 31, 2013
West Scotland
Does anyone know what shape the flange is on the PD130 that connects the downpipe to the turbocharger? It's a 2006 FR TDI Ibiza and as far as i can find it should be triangle shaped, with offset holes but wondered if anyone else knew for sure

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members