Tuning chip 8 or 10 pins?

M-c-G

Mar 22, 2008
Hi Guys,

Going to buy myself a tunning chip but unsure of which one i need :confused:

I have a 2006 seat ibiza FR TDI PD130 do I need an 8 pin or 10 pin chip?

Cheers ( never had much luck with the search)

M-c-G

Mar 22, 2008
I think he is talking a tuning box, not a remap?
But a remap is far better.
Glynn

I thats what I mean a tunning box basically getting it from a friend for nothing but am unsure weather I need a 8 pin or 10 pin one.

any information would be appreciated.

WW_VRS

Dec 22, 2006
Abingdon OXON, UK
www.unit18.co.uk
I'm not 100% sure on the number of pins, however, generally these connect to the injectors (well, bad description but still). On my Fabia, the connector is the round one at the side of the engine, and it may have a clip to stop it rotating which slides out.

Unfortunately I have no pictures and I sold my Dragon tuning box years ago now, but hopefully there will be a picture somewhere :)

Tdi_sport_JT

I have a 10 pin on my mk3 which is located in between the block and the rad at the front of the bay. Its two plugs joined together about 2'' big, and just take them apart just count the pins. Simple! Look here if your a lil' confused : tdi-tuning.co.uk/installation.htm

sssstew

Editing your spelling
Your looking at the wrong boxes, only the older non PD tuning boxes were either 8 or 10 pins as they plugged into the fuel pump, then the general rule was the older non PDs used 8 and the newer ones 10. But your PD will have the same amount of pins, so any PD tuning box will work, its not pin dependant. But we wouldnt recommend you get a TB anyway, have a read back through the TDI section for our thoughts.

BigDave34

Yeah the PD Tunit's are completely different to the older ones. Pre PD engines will have either an 8 or 10 pin plug. My MK3 Ibiza Tdi (90) was a 10 pin unit.