Tuning my Cupra TDI (PD150) - Remap, EGR, DPF and Mufflerectomy

MrSix

You cut out the back box I see, but you kept in the cat?

Will you be leaving it in or opt for straight through system?

Very good videos by the way. This will steer us modders in the right way anyway!

Yeah the cat is still in there and I will be leaving it there until the exhaust becomes the restrictive modification.

Next up is a hybrid turbo, hard pipes, new clutch and more aggressive map.

Oh and on a 225 mile motorway run today I averaged 58.6mpg...so still returning great economy!

MrSix

Will it make much sound with no back box and a decat?

No back box makes hardly any difference to the sound in the cabin at all.
Only difference noticed is a slightly more petrol sound from the ouside and an increase in audible turbo whistle. Not sure how much louder a decat would make it.

hoppy

Yeah the cat is still in there and I will be leaving it there until the exhaust becomes the restrictive modification.

Next up is a hybrid turbo, hard pipes, new clutch and more aggressive map.

Oh and on a 225 mile motorway run today I averaged 58.6mpg...so still returning great economy!

Good read and ideas! What MPH were you doing on your run!

juneau

Dec 29, 2010
Midlands
Really interesting and dare I say "educational" thread. I'm getting a fr early part of next year and am finding this very useful. Look forward to seeing what other magic you do so I can steal some ideas lol

MrIlluminati

When is the b12 sportline kit getting fitted? I want to see pics of how it sits as i am buying the same kit myself.

I guess you know that by going hybrid you lose some of what the tdi is all about .... low down torque. The hybrids make the tdi's need revving for fast progress, say bye bye to lazy fast driving. If you want high revs then maybe you should get a petrol. The ultimate turbo for us is the gtb2260vk from the audi 3.0 tdi .... good for upto 300bhp and spools up like the original PD150 turbo.

I would rather stay on standard turbo than fit a hybrid ..... but hey, good luck with whatever you choose.

So .... B12 sportline kit, when?

MrIlluminati

Impressive result from the mufflerectomy, i didnt expect that.

It would be interesting to see how much extra it releases with a decat downpipe like the milltek.

My pd150 is running a cone, straight through exhaust (very loud), remap (launch and popcorn limiter), stage 2 sachs race smf and clutch kit(lightened and balanced flywheel/organic clutch plate). I will also be going hybrid hopefully by end of year. Was going to go big turbo but I can't afford the supporting mods of forging the complete engine. To get past 300bhp safely in a pd150 it gets expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.