Turbo Blankets

• Thread starter Deleted member 103408
  • Start date

Deleted member 103408

Does anybody here with a mapped cupra have a turbo blanket

If yes does it make any difference.

I was checking out this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coHQlyoKwUc&t=224s that has over 400 bhp but they talked about a Turbo Blanket and it certainly appears to get the temp down but does it make a real difference to performance.

Also if you fit one of these do you need to have a bigger intercooler than standard

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 103408

Got that impression want to sell your old one

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
its not old its never been used had it about a month, my tuner actually said it could do more damage than better as well.

Deleted member 103408

Thanks that helps i think i need to find another way to cool it all down. Did wonder about bonnet vents do you think they will help or just a looker.

I know when i go stage 2 i need bigger and better intercooler my garage were talking about the wagner one what do you think is best one

Last edited by a moderator:

rozer1974

Feb 6, 2017
wirral
Thanks that helps i think i need to find another way to cool it all down. Did wonder about bonnet vents do you think they will help or just a looker.

I know when i go stage 2 i need bigger and better intercooler my garage were talking about the wagner one what do you think is best one

I have been running mine on stage 2 with standard intercooler and its fine I would imagine if you where using it on the track then yes but for road use you should be fine

Deleted member 103408

I have been running mine on stage 2 with standard intercooler and its fine I would imagine if you where using it on the track then yes but for road use you should be fine

That's interesting, what sort of oil temp are you running

Deleted member 103408

Thanks dont understand it but will talk to tuners when i do it.

Deleted member 103408

Just raising this issue again as I have been talking to a number of people recently and getting very different feedback.

What are peoples opinion on the benefits of having a turbo blanket, the advice I got from (and followed) from Revo was for my setup it was not advisable to have a turbo blanket as all it does is keep the heat in the turbo.

I have no plans to change this setup just wanted to see what others thought about it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members