turbo bolts loosening & removal of exhaust manifold

has anyone on here had the typical VAG 1.8t problem with the manifold to turbo bolts loosening and blowing gaskets???
if so what different things have they tried to solve this problem??

also, how easy is it to remove the exhaust manifold as mine is cracked and required removal
i've heard a lot of bad things with regards to removing the manifold as it is a nightmare of a job and hoping sum can share they're experience with me

help with these issues will be appreciated

cheers

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
has anyone on here had the typical VAG 1.8t problem with the manifold to turbo bolts loosening and blowing gaskets???
if so what different things have they tried to solve this problem??

also, how easy is it to remove the exhaust manifold as mine is cracked and required removal
i've heard a lot of bad things with regards to removing the manifold as it is a nightmare of a job and hoping sum can share they're experience with me

help with these issues will be appreciated

cheers

its a bit of a **** to do.. not as bad with fwd as 4wd models tho but fiddly to access
you will need patience

its just that everywhere i look on the net people are saying its a nightmare. one even said that 2 access the lower bolts on the manifold that he had 2 drop the downpipe and even remove a driveshaft to get in from the side :(

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I did it once without disconnecting the downpipe or dropping a driveshaft. I really wouldn't recommend it though - it'll take your hand about three weeks to recover from injuries/twisted in a strange position - if it doesn't take you that long to do it anyway........

Skill, ingenuity and patience....... :)

I did it once without disconnecting the downpipe or dropping a driveshaft. I really wouldn't recommend it though - it'll take your hand about three weeks to recover from injuries/twisted in a strange position - if it doesn't take you that long to do it anyway........

Skill, ingenuity and patience....... :)

its soundin more n more like sumfin i don't wanna do now lol

needs done, my car has now been off the road 4 3weeks with it :(

rideonracing

Peter McCormick
Aug 3, 2009
Fife, Scotland
my cars got the same problem!! keeps blowin gaskets!! its doin ma nut in!!!!:censored: and also iv removed my turbo and manifold, u can remove the turbo from the top and get most bolts but theres 3 bottom bolts u HAVE to get from under the car. as for people sayin u have to split driveshafts and remove downpipes.. they tellin porkys!! lol. yeh is a c**t of a job to do, but it is possible!
as for the gasket problem, have u found any idead as to wat this cud b and how to fix it?? its hapend to mine 3times now!!!! [:@]