Turbo boost range

godzuki

Mk2 cupra & golf mk2 20vt
Sep 11, 2006
Newcastle upon tyne
Hi peeps

Looking into replacing the std k03 turbo
Don't want to spend silly money on an IHI or have any fitment worries so looking at a k03s ko4 or a AM04 something i can bolt on & remap
What sort of boost range do these have? i'd like to know about power delivery torque and rev ranges etc..more than out right power
Just what spools up quickly and will not run out of puff too early at higher revs
What are peoples experience with the above?
Thanks in advance

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
the ko3s starts coming on around 2500-3k but with any other vag turbo isnt worth holding the revs beyond 5750-6l as the torque and psi will have dropped.

flashbsd

i must say, i would go for k03s, mine holds good torque/boost past 6k! or maybe IHI, IHI doesnt give you the kick up the arse until 5k onwards, then it starts going mental!

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
flash u need to come down and go out in my ihi that will change your mind!! off the clock on the way back from portsmouth last nite!!!the thing is too fast!

flashbsd

omg!

yep i will give u a buzz, defo need to come for a sample of that thing. some fella at thye pod ran a 13.4 and i was very impressed, those things fly!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
lol just what ive felt in others :)

Hmm..
not accurate tho

plenty of shove from 3.5K and sustained to 7K always in mine.
completely different league to any k0x turbo

Even the 4K-8.2K I have now eclipses actual driving terms... smoother than a k0x turbo, which are usually big kick lots of low to mid torque all of sudden rush of power....... not neccessarily the smoothest to drive. Almost too eager at times. MrsB's K03s lupo is just like that. Almost instant shove no doubt, but mines way more progressive a power delivery.

All IMHO of course :D

godzuki

Sep 11, 2006
Newcastle upon tyne
Thanks for the reply's :)
The IHI 's sound great but out of my league TBH :cry:
Any one had experience with the AM04 ?????????? this would probably be the most i can go to cost wise,just wondering how much difference there would be from a k03s and if the price would be worth it!

On a slightly different note i see torque figures differ alot :blink: some engines produce alot more torque than BHP where as others (mabe higher spec) produce simlar BHP & LB/FT why is that do you think???
I ask as its torque i'm more interested in :)

godzuki

Sep 11, 2006
Newcastle upon tyne
i suppose i asked for that Lol! :redface:

I mean i'd rather have 220 Hp & 275 LB/FT than say 240 Hp & 240LB/FT
I'm just pulling figures out the air but you get what i mean :)

godzuki

Sep 11, 2006
Newcastle upon tyne
crappy RR figures

Never thought about that,you have a point hooch
You have very impressive torque on your old figures though compared to BHP!
I see you have alot more than just a remap mind,i was just interested in which mods make more mid range torque but don't really hike the hp up much if you see what i'm getting at :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.