turbo not whistling loud like normal, no power

dan23

hi i have a 2004 seat leon cupra 20vt (180) and have a problem with the turbo i think,

let me give you the info that i know and any help would be great.
car is standard apart from pipercross panel filter and forge re-circ dump valve, only done 81000 miles, had it put on dynamics rolling road for power test the other day and it only produced 162 bhp so the bloke disconnected the mass air flow sensor and re-ran and got 176.4 bhp,
thinking this was the problem i got new main dealer part and fitted it, it then seemed to be ok ish but still the whistle from the turbo is nowhere near as loud as it was when i got it.

so today took it for a 30 mile trip and it accelerated through the gears but not pulling very well then when i got into 6th gear with my foot hard down there was a noteable loss in power like the turbo was cutting in and out with a splutter, like i say 81000 still on original turbo and i do like to drive enthusiastically so the turbo gets quite a bit of use. also the big hose at the front of engine was replaced for a new one and is fitted good cos i thought it was loosing pressure from this hose (think this is the turbo or intercooler hose) but not sure. it goes down behind drivers side headlight to inter cooler. i have no smoke at all from exhaust so i aint got a clue. thanks for reading cos i know its a bit long. THANKS
i live in brighton in sussex so is there any people near that i could take it to that know what thay are doing

Last edited by a moderator:

dan23

car now booked in at austec racing on tuesday for power test and hopefully find the problem.

think im gonna be getting recon turbo so any recomendation would be good help

Last edited by a moderator:

dd2005

Dan, sorry to hear you got no responses, however I would be interested to know how you got on and what the final outcome was. Got a problem with my turbo and people putting their solutions helps others. Thanks

dan23

yep when i find the problem i will post it, mine is in garage at the moment. parts that have been changed so far are, camshaft oil breather pipe as mine was very soft, maf, n75,cleaned tb and re-set it,d.v and when my car is put on the snap-on code reader it comes up with

17705 pressure dropped between turbo and throttle valve p1297

so i should know a bit more in 1-2 days

dan23

ok car back from garage and he put the original diverter valve back on and put new maf (bosh one) and the car is fine now so i think this was a problem with the 007p forge dv, so after paying £90 for it im not happy. has anyone else had problems with this dv

dan23

contacted forge and they sent me a re-furb kit for the dv free. all sorted car runs perfect THANKS FORGE.

Double-6s

Mar 25, 2012
Hove (Brighton)
nice one thanks will,

No problemo mate. He's a very good friend of mine who is also a freakin wizard when it comes to VAG cars. Got his own garage and is properly reasonable, especially if you're nice to him :)

Where abouts in hove are you mate? I'm just off sackville road. Look out for a black LCR scraping its chin everywhere with any kind of slope :)

There's also a totally standard black LCR on the next street down from me. Boring! :)

Dissimulate

Jan 12, 2012
Durham
Yup, seems i'm having the same problem with mine!!
007p with the correct spring, nowt every now and again can hear the turbo isnt spooling up and dumping properly and can even hear it chatter sometimes as the boost is pushed back though the turbo :-\.
Think i'll be contacting forge as well!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.