Turbo swapping?

Dave_88

Dave The Rave
Jul 2, 2008
Marske-by-the-sea/Antrim
Can the turbo from a pd140 be put on a pd170 or do the run a different set up and different manifolds? My turbo is about to give up the ghost as its whistling like mad!!

Am I also right in believing that the pd140 uses the pd130 turbo? Seems like these pd140 turbos are made of cheese!!

Thanks in advance

Dave

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Can the turbo from a pd140 be put on a pd170 or do the run a different set up and different manifolds? My turbo is about to give up the ghost as its whistling like mad!!

Am I also right in believing that the pd140 uses the pd130 turbo? Seems like these pd140 turbos are made of cheese!!

Thanks in advance

Dave

Not a straight swap. You would need to get a manifold, piping and so on made up as the turbo from the PD170 is completely different from the PD140. Its a lot of work for not much gain.
Alex

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Thought that would be the case and my leon is just out of warranty!! :( are the pd130 and pd140 turbos the same?

I don't think they are but can't be sure. Need to use the old search and see.
The other option is to buy a 2nd hand PD140 Turbo and send it off to Turbo Dynamics or CR Turbos.
Alex

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
No they are different. The pd130 turbo has studs for mounting the exhaust, the 140 has a single circular clamp, the inards are probably different aswell.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.