Turbo upgrade

Seatsam94

May 10, 2014
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately for me my turbo is on its way out on my Seat Leon mk2 2.0L tdi :( this can however only mean one thing for me, a bigger more reliable turbo upgrade. Currently the engine/performance mods that I am running are a cat back straight through custom exhaust and a stage 1 remap, running around 190bhp. I have been looking at hybrid turbos as I have been told that they are very reliable.

I am after some advice and what is best for my car, I would like to try and find out what the safe max power of the engine internals are as I don't want other things breaking further down the line. If possible I am looking for about 250bhp but that would depend on the answer I get from the previous question for if it would damage the engine. I am not after crazy power I would just like a little more but don't want to damage the structural integrity of the engine as I want it to last for a good few more years yet. I understand that I may have to get an intercooler which I would be happy with if need be.

Finally my main question is about the turbo itself, if anybody has done turbo upgrades I would be grateful for any advice. So to summarise my questions.

1. What is the safe power that can be achieved by a Seat Leon mk2 2.0L tdi (pd140)?

2. What power is a realistic target?

3. What turbo upgrade is recommended?

Thank you for any help

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members