Turning up the boost

LewyCupra1986

Hi , just out of interest can i turn the boost up on my cupra by turning the two nuts on the thread near the back of my engine? If so how far can i turn it up without frying any pistons/hehehe

deanrankin85

Nov 28, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
i adjusted the actuator, and it went a lot better but i mentioned it on here and everyone seems to think it might nacker the turbo so i took everyones advice, and i didnt want to risk running lean and melting a piston, so i adjusted it back!

the best and safest way to run more boost is to have it remapped!

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
if your going to adjust the actuator do it in conjunction with vag-com and monitor wastegate duty cycle. ive wound mine out quite far and it boosts alot better. Im running a higher spec to you, assuming that your running standard?

LewyCupra1986

Cheers mate. Think al leave it then. Considering selling so dont wanna fry any turbos before then. hehe

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
i dpubt you`ll 'fry' anything, you could however end up with to much boost sending her into limp mode.

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
250bhp on a k03?! Must be the K03s surely? Unless of course it peaks at 250bhp for a nano second then tails off rather rapidly.

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
Limp mode depends on the map i think?. Theres some interesting info on vortex about maxxing out the k03, all sounded a bit pointless to me though as chucking a k03s in would be alot simpler and hold boost longer too.

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
If you could get 250bhp out of a K03 it would almost certainly be pointless as theres no way it would hold boost for any amount of time.

freddie

super duper cupra...
Apr 2, 2007
Hull, East Yorkshire
If thats the case then forge actuator is going to be far cheaper than k03s install? for simular power? in the write up it mentions the k03 can cope with upto 1.8BAR boost.

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Yes but at what cost. Peak power is not everything. Reliability will als be a factor. Maxing out the k03 vs the usual k03s set up may not get better results overall.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.