twin turbo 1.8t - interesting

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
twin turbo 1.8t i stumbled across off van-kronenburg's website - apparently built by hulsenturbotuning.nl
vag3.JPG

video also here>> http://media.vankronenburg.nl/vagbiturbo.html

Last edited:

Celcius

it is not from vankronenburg but from HTT (Hulsen turbo tuning in the netherlands)
HTT Link
it is an 2L TFSi blok with a 1.8 20vt cilinderhead. Turbo: 2x Mhi 19T uses methanol injection, has a max of 9200rpm and produces 635 BHP.

he is here in the benelux (belgium netherlands luxemburg) the master of vag tuning. he also helps me with my own ibi 20vt 400+ BHP project.

he has also done more biturbo projects on 1.8 20vt engines.

sorry for the possible poor english

jamiebennett81

it is not from vankronenburg but from HTT (Hulsen turbo tuning in the netherlands)
HTT Link
it is an 2L TFSi blok with a 1.8 20vt cilinderhead. Turbo: 2x Mhi 19T uses methanol injection, has a max of 9200rpm and produces 635 BHP.

he is here in the benelux (belgium netherlands luxemburg) the master of vag tuning. he also helps me with my own ibi 20vt 400+ BHP project.

he has also done more biturbo projects on 1.8 20vt engines.

sorry for the possible poor english

nice, thanks

poor english....god yours is better than a lot of English people here.....well most who come from Croydon anyway:D

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Carlo_Hulsen-31.jpg

Seems van-kronenburg are taking credit for it... or at least mapped it up.
nice to see something different.

any info or dyno plots of the car available? intrigued as to its power delivery

thanks for the info Celcuis

caveo

OOOO Bill that last pic made me slightly moist , I mean look at the size of the intake pipe ( 4")

Celcius

Seems van-kronenburg are taking credit for it... or at least mapped it up.
nice to see something different.

any info or dyno plots of the car available? intrigued as to its power delivery

thanks for the info Celcuis
the management system is from vankronenburg. i use is too and is comparable to a DTA system. only DTA is more complicated :)
HTT does the mapping himself.
ill ask the next time i get there for the graph. but the twin turbo setup spins up very soon and keeps the boost maximal till 9200 rpm. :D he told me that the throttle is rather sensitive :whistle:

btw: the intercooler he uses comes from a truck. he chopped the IC to fit his in MK2

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
remember that quad turbo 4-pot on the owen/garrett stand at autosport a couple yrs back........

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I remember someone posted pics - one of the other projects (vr6?) reminded me of that.

Blow through is a bit of a step back, though? Mind you if it works, it works...

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I remember someone posted pics - one of the other projects (vr6?) reminded me of that.

Blow through is a bit of a step back, though? Mind you if it works, it works...

what blow thru throttle bodies? is that what you mean?
no benefit from multiple bodies to single large one, aside from throttle progression at very bottom end.

power plot looks as peaky as a regular single BT.
sequential turbo's have a curb appeal to fill in the sub 4krpm gap in power delivery of normal upper sized BT

KMS management is a clone/copy of DTA as I understand it, much as their throttle bodies are copies of Jenveys.

I hear both good and bad about KMS work myself. Interesting to see this twin setup tho.

:D

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
the management system is from vankronenburg. i use is too and is comparable to a DTA system. only DTA is more complicated :)
HTT does the mapping himself.
ill ask the next time i get there for the graph. but the twin turbo setup spins up very soon and keeps the boost maximal till 9200 rpm. :D he told me that the throttle is rather sensitive :whistle:

btw: the intercooler he uses comes from a truck. he chopped the IC to fit his in MK2

my intercooler core also harks from an Iveco truck cut down.. :)
my own motor spins to 9krpms these days :lol:

Celcius

my intercooler core also harks from an Iveco truck cut down.. :)
my own motor spins to 9krpms these days :lol:

you probably also work with mechanical taps? hydrolic taps are limited tot +/- 7500 rpm.
kms has its good points and bad points like any management system. std management system from bosch is way to limited and far to complicated to get it wright at such a high BHP levels.

i've read a lot of topics here and why isnt here anyone with a 3071r TWIN SCROLL turbo? it spins up a lot faster than an non TS turbo? the 2871r (like i have) does not exist in twin scroll.

grtz from belgium ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.