Two Cylinder Change Over

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Can't wait to hear the 'my car seems to have lost loads of power' problems to find that this feature is stuck active all time or similar problems.

Not that I wish it on anyone but with new interesting technology comes now interesting problems......

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Fusster

Jul 19, 2011
This technology is not new,Its been around since 2010 in the Exeo (and no doubt other group vehicles).
It was used on engine code CDND and CCZB 2.0 TSI to increase power by having a dual lobe cam with larger lift and diferent profile on one of the lobes.The process to change between the 2 profiles uses the same system as the ACT engine uses to "disengage" cyl 2 and 3.
I,m sure you,ll be disapointed to find out its a very reliable system with no common or indeed any problems.
Assuming it won,t work or will go wrong is incorrect.Its actualy fairly basic technology.
Obviously your entiltled to your opinions but If you dont want a vehicle with it on then dont buy one,
dont rubish something that in reality you have no experience with and know little about.

Jun 15, 2013
If ACT was going to save me £££££'s I would embrace it (like I do stop/start) but it will only work in the controlled conditions of the lab. Unlike stop start, which reduces my RFL by probably £75 or more a year (and adds no complicated parts to the engine) ACT might (depending on the CO2 figures) save me £10 a year.

Which would you prefer, a more complicated engine or an extra £10 a year in RFL. How much will it add to the purchase price, that annual saving of £10 oill soon disappear I am sure.

Answers on a post card please

PS Over the past 6 years stop/start has saved me probably £600 in RFL and nothing in fuel costs and I love it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members