Two victories bring SEAT closer to the World Championship

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
SEAT EDGES CLOSER TO THE TITLE

With two 1-2 finishes in Monza, SEAT Sport has claimed a serious stake on both WTCC Manufacturers' and Drivers' titles. With Rob Huff and Andy Priaulx, the only two serious non-SEAT challengers, the flight for the Drivers' title looked to be between Leon TDI team-mates Yvan Muller and Gabriele Tarquini, who shared victory in Monza. In the Manufacturers' Championship, SEAT has stretched its lead to 54 points ahead of BMW.

Read more at SEATCupra.net...

Andywarr

Feb 27, 2008
i think tarquini has been given a grid penalty for the next race for cheating at the chicane

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Rydell was stripped of his Race 1 podium, for cutting the chicane however its a was a bit harsh considering Larini stuffed him into the corner in the first place.

Not heard anything about Tarquini, and nothing has been said on the WTCC website, I saw no incident that would indicate he cut a corner. But we'll no doubt find out in due course.

EDIT:

just read the article on TCTimes. The first corner in both races was a joke to be honest.

Last edited:

Andywarr

Feb 27, 2008
fully agree i dont see how Rydell could be punished, Larini had a couple of goes at him on the way into the 1st bend

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
seems like the FIA is anti SEAT this weekend then.

I seem to recall about 10 cars forgetting to make that first corner

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.