Tyre and rim size offset etc

perryqhill

Sep 20, 2017
Doncaster
Hi all. I've got a 184 15 plate Leon FR with the standard 17's on. Seen some alloys I like in 18's. They're DRC which seem to be German made for Vag and Merc etc 18inch 5x112 8j and et 45. I used a online calculator for offset and it's suggesting it's more or less the same as what's on. The alloys were listed for Audi A3 and I figure I may need spigot rings etc (though it doesn't mention needing them, nor bore size) but given I've got them cheap enough I figured I don't mind that and I've taken the gamble, hopefully it's a good one :banned:

When it comes to tyre size what do I need? ATS Euromaster online is suggesting 225 40 r18 (probably wont get them there but was checking) is that correct? Been searching on the forum but I'm not too clever with the search function, is that correct?

Last edited:

perryqhill

Sep 20, 2017
Doncaster
Are they DRC DRS?

No they're DMC DMG. I did fancy 19 inch DMC DGR in gunmetal but they only do them in 19inch and I thought given the car is mainly running kids around and stuff then 18inch was big enough. Whilst looking I saw 18inch DMG's on eBay and ended up getting them for £300.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise