tyre help needed asap

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
I've only ever had one set of Michelin, and I think most would agree they are over priced and over rated.

Pilot PS2's are £132.00 from pneus-online so £264 plus say £10 each for fitting, you should be looking around £284 fully fitted.

You're probably better off spending around £200 (fully fitted) on a pair of Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's - they'll see you 'till next summer...

The Michelins won't last any longer, they're a high performance, soft compound tyre with a wear rating of 220 (the Goodyear is 280) - they probably have a pair on the shelf they want rid of!

keefy

Dec 4, 2006
Tyre life and performance is a total compromise. You either have tyres that grip really well (with a soft compund) and don't last too long or tyres that don't grip so well, but the harder compound means they last a bit longer.

Kumho Ecsta Sports (KU31's, I think) are worth a look. Grip well in wet and dry, are cheap-ish and look pretty good. The pair I had on my old Fiesta were wearing well but that was putting hardly any power down compared to a LCR. Have a look on mytyres.co.uk

You've gotta remeber you are putting 210bhp through the front wheels only.

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
I know this thread is dead guys.. But i have run F1's for 7 months now they have lasted me 8k on the front.

Just wanted to know if there are two types of tryes or just two names for the same thing.

Goodyear Eagle F1
Goodyear GSD3 Eagle F1

I ask this because of a few things that have put dought in my mind but would take ages to expalin hehe.

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Nah i just seen a few poeple saying there getting Eagal F1's and some replys saying "are you getting the GSD3's. I was meaining to check my tryers befor i came inside as to wether thay say GS-D3 on them.. Ill look l8r :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.