Tyre help please

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
Ok car went in for a service today! I hate these things and esp. before Xmas but I need the car to be in tip top shape for the start of january! With a visit to JBS coming up!

I currently have Toyo T1-S's which havent done the best ( only 1mm left on the fronts) but I cant get my head around why they have been so bad! They have only covered around 6000miles and I dont drive the car that hard often just the odd time as my journey to work is only about 5miles down the road!

The car was slightly pulling to the left but only very slightly and only the last week and half! but I put this down to the common ibiza pulling to the left thing!

My question to you is what do the rest of you Mk4 owners use? My tryes are 205/40/R17, anybody recommend anything??

Any good offers online at the minute???

Both ends of the budget please???

Please help and anybody suggest where it has gone wrong!!!

Thanks for listening
Kyle

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
edc said:
T1-S is a softish tyre, it is never going to last long. What do you want? Long lasting, good wet, good dry performance ... ?

I want something that will offer me good grip in the wet and dry and last a decent amount of time! If there is anything that offers it all???

Thanks

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
as said kyle the toyo T1R is the newer compound they say 5%more grip apparently and 35% better wear , tho i havent done enuff miles to test that , n those wheels are off mine now , looked in shape as i removed my alloys tho , my previous T1s lasted 9K and that was swapping them side to side 3/4 of the way thru , try www.blackcircles.co.uk and www.mytyres.co.uk, tho add in shipping n fitting etc , ur looking at exp, prices ne how

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
cordobabrendy said:
uniroyal rainsports, circa 50 quid each and wear well for such a wet grippy tyre.

Brendy you have the Eagle F1s dont you???

What these like???

And how much and where from???

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
stoneyfordNI said:
as said kyle the toyo T1R is the newer compound they say 5%more grip apparently and 35% better wear , tho i havent done enuff miles to test that , n those wheels are off mine now , looked in shape as i removed my alloys tho , my previous T1s lasted 9K and that was swapping them side to side 3/4 of the way thru , try www.blackcircles.co.uk and www.mytyres.co.uk, tho add in shipping n fitting etc , ur looking at exp, prices ne how

Yeah looked at them earlier!

Ill give Harrys Tyres a ring and price some T1S up but Im abit worried about going Toyo again after this!!!

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
edc said:
Rainsports a good all rounder. Got another pair of these coming in to me this saturday, £105 a pair fitted in 195/45/16

Ill aim for something around that price when I price them up!

Any more suggestions??

Dont really wanna try toyo again after this!

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
I tried to buy some t1-Rs from mytyres, after 6 weeks of saying they'd be here in the next few days they then reckoned their warehouse had lost all of their toyo's :blink:
I got through 2 sets of t1-s' both in 6k on my last leon. Hoping the t1-r's are better if i can find someone to sell em to me :(

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
f1s on my standard leon were cool, now that its not standard, they spin in 1st and 2nd like a coont, these are supposed to be one of the best road tyres out there for under 120 bracket (225 45 17) id hate to see what cheap tyres (cough* wanli!) would be like. they grip round corners in the dry like limpets tho.

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
no point n spending thousands on remaps suspension kits , brakes etc , its the damm tyres that hold u on the road , dont cut corners so to speak

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
Yes but they havent done the job so far!

I understand what your saying but I need something that covers all bases!

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
Was thinking Avon myself but Ill get a price on all the above tyres and make a decision me thinks!!

Cheers all

andy_gdon

Aug 20, 2004
Never mind the tyres....ask why its puling to the left!!! Have you had your alignment done since lowering??

As for the tyres....my cheap and cheerful last for donkeys-something i need as i do 500ish miles per week!! They are surprisingly good in the dry but not great (not awful) in the wet!! I can live with this tho as i cant be affording new tyres every couple of months!!

DaveP

Small Member
Oct 3, 2001
Wiltshire
Visit site
i have F1s on the front and they are good - not as big an improvement as going from P6000 on my leon. Nice in the wet though - lots of confidence

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members