Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Tyre pressure sticker info

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk6 (2017-present)' started by убийца Драконов, May 11, 2019.

1. убийца Драконов

Hi all,
    I found the label for tyre pressures, but what makes me confuse is that a label of "as I assume" lower temperature tyre pressure seems to be less pressure than summer!

As I remember from physics classes, air volume increases with higher temperatures and decreases with lower temperatures.

So then what is supposed, to have higher air pressure in winter and less pressure in summer.

Please guys correct my info.
    IMG_20190511_163722_636.jpg

2. vc-10

vc-10 Active Member

You're supposed to keep to the prescribed pressures all year round, regularly checking them and deflating/inflating as required.

3. Jonathan Bassett

Jonathan Bassett Active Member

You’re just meant to check tyre pressures when the tyres cold, It’s not air atmosphere temperature related.

4. Bedlam

Bedlam Active Member

The pressures shown as 33 psi front and 33 psi rear are the "comfort" settings for medium load (& will increase fuel consumption slightly)
    The pressures shown as 38 psi front and 35 psi rear are the "normal" settings for medium load
    The pressures shown as 38 psi front and 39 psi rear are the "normal" settings for full load
    All of which should be inflated on cold tyres

5. убийца Драконов

I think you meant 33psi in front 31psi in the rear for the "comfort" mode.

So which one you think is the best for the car in general (comfort or normal)?

6. Bedlam

Bedlam Active Member

Yes I did mean 31 psi rear - sorry
    Which you use is down to personal choice

7. убийца Драконов

Thanks a lot for your help, I think I will give both of each set a try :drive1:

8. Jaco2k

Jaco2k AWD FTW

Tyre pressure is a personal thing - I tend to find the sweet spot by trial and error based on the following factors:
    - manufacturer specifications (right value will usually be between their minimum and maximum)
    - body roll (under inflated tires roll more, over inflated tires grip less)
    - tire wear (under inflated tires wear the edges more, over inflated tires wear the center more)

All these are personal and there is not one value that fits all - the values on the sticker are references.
    Some people that drive only around the city might favour a less inflated tire, since it masks bad roads, but someone who enjoys performance or does long trips where economy matters might go more towards a more inflated tire.

9. vc-10

vc-10 Active Member

I tend to go for the higher values myself. I find the ride good enough with the higher values, and better drive and fuel economy is great!

10. KXL

KXL KXL

Take it this is for the 17 and 18 inch Ibiza rims? Me personally I found 36/34PSI 'like Goldilocks' just right...on my 215/40 R17 tyres...You can start with the 38/35 and deflate as necesarily. This is assuming like me you have the handheld pressure gauge.

11. убийца Драконов

I think as most of your replies indicates, it's in the end a personal opinion and according to each one driving experience.
    Nature of each country roads, speed bumps and vehicle usage.

I would like to hear also all your opinions regarding filling tyres with nitrogen rather than air!

Is it something useful or just fake?!

12. vc-10

vc-10 Active Member

Utterly pointless unless your tyres are on a Formula 1 car or a fighter jet.

13. KXL

KXL KXL

14. убийца Драконов

I'm thinking of adjusting tyres pressure to 32psi in front and rear.

Who's with me.. :rocker:

15. Glosphil

Glosphil Active Member

'normal' air is already 80% nitrogen!

16. dj_sa

dj_sa Active Member

Hey, is that the front right door? I’m still looking for my tyre pressure sticker... Thanks,