Tyre Pressure Warning

Worldy

Nov 5, 2018
Just got Crossclimate + tyres fitted today and this evening the tyre pressure warning has come on. I haven't had a chance to check the tyre pressures as I was running late for work.

Is this something people have found when they have changed tyres? Might it be that they just hadn't set the new tyre pressures on the system? Do I need to go back tomorrow and get them to check it out?

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
i had this a few weeks back. Checked the pressures and all fine. reset the tyre pressure warning and been fine since. Im guessing they dont reset it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
You can't swap tyres without resetting the pressure monitor and expect it not to ping.

The system works by comparing the rotational speed of the two wheels across an axle. If one wheel has less air it will effectively be smaller in diameter and will rotate faster for any given road speed. The computer picks up on the diffeence and knows the tyre in question is losing air. It's a crude system but it kinda works.

If you swap tyres you have to check the tyre pressures and reset the monitor. If you don't, the computer will pick up on any pressure difference between the new tyres and the ones it's been calibrated to and go off. It doesn't know you've changed the tyres, only that the pressures have changed.

Reactions: Rooster
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise