Tyre ? Rear bearings ? noise at low speed ?

LewisM

Had the 4 wheel laser alignment done on my car yesterday at star performance, what a difference it has made to the car.

Rear camber was -2.2 degrees, and it should be between -0.5 and -1.5, set now at -0.53.

The car is so much quieter now, the drone from the back is all but gone, just a bit of noise from the out of shape tyres, mpg of the car seems a tad better, and I can now hear the radio!

I would urge anyone with wear/noise issues to get this done asap, the first place I got it done last year said the camber wasn't adjustable but it most certainly is, it makes a difference taking it to somewhere you trust and has the right equipment.

Before going it on my own I had no joy from SEAT, the service manager was going to look for a service bulletin and get back to me, but after 3 calls he didn't even have the courtesy to phone me back like he promised, next car certainly won't be a SEAT, i'm sure i'm not the only one, the dealers really need to wise up. :censored:

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Had word back from dealer,just about matched a service price too of 200golden ones. Have to phone him about the tyres, i explained what was happening and what research had done to lead to a fix for the problem, i.e. 4 wheel alignment. Heres hoping,even a goodwill would suffice,as alignment does go out over time i know,but not to cause the wear seen.

loadswine

loadswine
To do the 4 wheel allignment I got charged about £27 for the front and £27 for the back. For the £200 that close to a new pair of Goodyears Loadswine. That was at Protyre which is a chain.

I'm all Goodyears now more by accident than anything else, since I had to have the fronts changed for the MOT.

Looks like the Seat garage that I found in the home counties is fair, I thought they were. Gave me good advice as well, I wouldn't have minded if my other garage had been more truthfull about the wear being related to the way the factory had set up early Alteas.

I gather your throttle valve hasn't gone yet Loadswine.... it's just a matter of time ;).

Tell , what were your symptoms to let you know it had gone?
If I can find out what to do and stuff, I'll replace it myself as a pre-emptive strike.
I think I might have more woes later, as the car went to a small independant guy today for a 40k service and he reports that the front wipers/ washers don't work at all! I'm baffled, never had a problem or even known of one in that area before.:confused:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.