Tyre Stem Valves

Neilzomg

Sep 28, 2017
Had the pleasure of trying to remove corroded on dust caps from my own stupid mistake of letting them corrode on... went to put air in and long story short they're now cut off after fighting with two pairs of pliers and a butane heat gun.

one of the valves rubber has split at the bottom, still holds air perfectly but at least i got them off to get the air in them in the first place.

am i right in saying my 2007 mk2 leon sports refrence 2.0tdi does not have tyre pressure sensor stem valves?

i was informed that they do, but a buddy of mine is 100% sure of himself that another sensor connected behind the disc monitors vibration and diameter to determine if the pressure is low.

If not then i can just get the tyre place to replace all the valves with brand new ones and not have to worry about trying to replace any of the sensors which apparently cost a fortune

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Jimbob is right, there are no sensors on the wheel itself, the system uses the ABS sensors to monitor wheel revolutions and that way detects when a tyre is deflated.

Reactions: Neilzomg
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise