Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store. We've also updated our terms and conditions so check them out too.

Tyre Stem Valves

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2' started by Neilzomg, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Neilzomg

Neilzomg Member

Had the pleasure of trying to remove corroded on dust caps from my own stupid mistake of letting them corrode on... went to put air in and long story short they're now cut off after fighting with two pairs of pliers and a butane heat gun.

one of the valves rubber has split at the bottom, still holds air perfectly but at least i got them off to get the air in them in the first place.

am i right in saying my 2007 mk2 leon sports refrence 2.0tdi does not have tyre pressure sensor stem valves?

i was informed that they do, but a buddy of mine is 100% sure of himself that another sensor connected behind the disc monitors vibration and diameter to determine if the pressure is low.

If not then i can just get the tyre place to replace all the valves with brand new ones and not have to worry about trying to replace any of the sensors which apparently cost a fortune

2. Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook SCN sticker = +20bhp
    Staff Member

I always thought the mk2 tyre pressure sensor is down to the abs sensors which would agree with your friend.

Neilzomg and kazand like this.
  3. kazand

kazand Is powered by Medtronics

Jimbob is right, there are no sensors on the wheel itself, the system uses the ABS sensors to monitor wheel revolutions and that way detects when a tyre is deflated.

Neilzomg likes this.
  4. Neilzomg

Neilzomg Member

awesome guys appreciate it :) i can take it in tomorrow afternoon and have one less problem to worry about!

kazand and Jimbobcook like this.