Tyres help!?Michelin ps4 have disappeared?

May 30, 2020
Hi
I have done a lot of research and I think PS4's are the best tyre for the 290 , however it appears at the moment nobody can get any? tried loads of retailers, can anybody help? or suggest an alternative that is as good and is readily available?

Thanks

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Oh-oh. This is the start. Loads of factories closed, supply chains not operating. Shelves are going to start emptying :0(

SRGTD

May 26, 2014

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
Yes, been around for years but you have to remember that they only supply. You'll still need to find a garage to fit them, many won't fit tyres they haven't supplied themselves so check with them first. You may find they'll prefer to buy them in for you as it means they can make a bit of money to cover the risks.

May 30, 2020
Yes, been around for years but you have to remember that they only supply. You'll still need to find a garage to fit them, many won't fit tyres they haven't supplied themselves so check with them first. You may find they'll prefer to buy them in for you as it means they can make a bit of money to cover the risks.
yeah that's my worry, but your Halfords, f1 autocenter, kwikfits are saying they can't get this tyre !!??

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Different supplier/stocking procedure, bigger names sold out quicker? Used camskill many times but can fit myself.

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
Black circles also show availabilty which isn't surprising given that they're owned by Michelin.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
never heard of camskill?are they legit?
Definitely legit. I’ve used them before. Some small independent garages are happy to fit tyres from the likes of Camskill, so worth making a few enquiries in your area.

My preference would always be to buy my tyres from somewhere like Camskill and get a trusted local independent garage to fit them, rather than use someone like Kwik Fit who have a reputation on many forums of damaging alloys when removing and fitting tyres. Some alloy wheel refurbishing companies offer a tyre fitting service. They should have the skill and some of the ‘safest’ tyre changing equipment to fit tyres, as they’ll be putting tyres on newly refurbished wheels all the time.

sweetfr

Misty
Nov 24, 2007
Co Durham
If you want a alternative to the PS4S the Goodyear Eagle F1 supersport is good.
If you want a alternative to the PS4 the Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 5 are good I have the asy 5 on my FR and love them.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I'm assuming you mean PS4Ss are the best tyres for the Cupra, not PS4s.

As @sweetfr said, you may want to consider the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport, or the Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

May 30, 2020
thanks for all the feedback guys, ordered the ps4s from black circle 285 fitted , pretty happy with that

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.