Tyres

cupratdiboy

Hi all, the dreaded time has arrived. I need two new tyres on the front. The options I've got are the Dunlop, Michellin, Pirelli and Kumho. The Kumho are the cheapest by far, and just debating whether or not to go with them? Any opinions???
Cheers
Bod

loadswine

loadswine
The budget makes have certainly improved, not sure how Kumho stack up these days. A lot will depend on how you drive your car and the price differential.
Mytyres and black circles do reviews on their sites ,I think, so that would be worth a look.
My Altea runs with about 170 bhp , so I opted for Goodyear F1s. I don't expect any of my tyres to last a huge mileage with this car.

mik

irregular participant
Jun 26, 2001
Glasgow UK
Visit site
Which Kumho's?

I've got 712's on the Leon at the moment, but these have been replaced by the KU31, which is apparently better.

My views are slightly tainted as I took the opportunity when fitting them to move up from 205/55/16 to 225/50/16. The fact that I think they are very good in the dry, and not so fabulous in the wet will be partly due to my up-sizing. Wear rates are superb however, and i'd class them as excellent value.

In saying that, I just stuck Toyo T1-R on the porker as I'm more interested in grip than wear rates on that.

Mytyres and camskill both offer the Kumhos at very good rates. Got my Toyos from Camskill and was very impressed with their prices and service (arrived at my door 26hrs after ordering).

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.