Uh oh, have I bought a lemon? FR with serious hiccups!

ATGNI

Jun 16, 2009
Just coming back from friends with the missus driving and the car is doing some serious kangarooing! I tell her to take it easy thinking she's being heavy footed until I see the rev needle literally jumping from 2000 to 2500 revs whilst just pootling along. Car was warmed up and fully fuelled.

Any ideas? Injectors were done in dec so I'm guessing it's not them.

Had the car 2 weeks and done nearly 1000 trouble free miles (car now has 35k on it). Bought from a reputable dealer and got a Mazda warranty with it.

Love the car an have loads of mods waiting to go but I'm worried about this issue.

Cheers.

TomReis

Feb 1, 2012
Take it back to the dealers. They have to fix it inline with the sales if goods act 1979 unless they can prove the car fault was not present at the time if sale. Regardless of warranty they are obligated to this up to 6 months after purchase

ATGNI

Jun 16, 2009
Thanks Tom but unfortunately I'm now in Cheltenham and the dealer is is Grimsby.

They said take it to any main Mazda dealer and they'll honour the warranty.

Just annoying when you think you've bought a problem free car.

TomReis

Feb 1, 2012
Thanks Tom but unfortunately I'm now in Cheltenham and the dealer is is Grimsby.

They said take it to any main Mazda dealer and they'll honour the warranty.

Just annoying when you think you've bought a problem free car.

I feel for you mate, I hope it's just a hiccup.

Let me know the outcome

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Sounds like the normal PD170 Hiccup but never seen the rev's jump, Clutch maybe slipping?

ATGNI

Jun 16, 2009
Got it booked in to Stroud road garage next week to have a interim service including a new fuel filter and a good look over.

Heard good things about the garage so I'll see what they say.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.