Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

UK Launch Pricing and Specifications Announced

Discussion in 'Tarraco' started by Scrogg, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Scrogg

Scrogg Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...

SEAT UK have now announced the launch pricing and specifications for the Tarraco range.

In addition to the SE, SE Technology, XCELLENCE and XCELLENCE trim levels there will be SE First Edition, XCELLENCE First Edition and XCELLENCE First Edition Plus versions available from the launch weekend (22nd to 24th February) and available to order until the end of Q1 2019.

Somewhat bizarrely (in my opinion) SEAT have chosen to only offer 2WD cars with manual transmission, so are likely to lose sales to the Kodiaq and/or Tiguan Allspace when buyers want DSG-auto but do not want/need 4WD :think:

Ordering for the 1.5 TSI EVO 150, 2.0 TDI 150 and 2.0 TDI 190 DSG-auto 4Drive opens on Tuesday 4th December. Ordering for the 2.0 TDI 150 DSG-auto 4Drive and 2.0 TSI 190 DSG-auto 4Drive will open in early January once technical data is available.

Full details attached...

Attached Files:

Tell likes this.
  2. Tell

Tell Full Member

Scroggs I see no heated windscreen or Navigation Plus on there. Is that an added option on a list not shown or Seat holding back on that for the Cupra whenever that may be. There was that thing at the time of the Ateca launch that we got them due to the Skoda factory having the Ford license.

I note the Navigation Plus is dropped from all Ateca's except the Cupra... and no sign as yet of Seat UK offering Mapcare at a token price as Europe or any price. Mod operators will do well out of that one on Ateca Cupras.

I did wonder whether Navigation Plus would be standard on them given you got to integrate that with the emergency call facility. Spec says 3D maps but then often that's said on the standard system confusing the 2.5D with the actual 3D icon of features that the Plus gives you. Is it a typo or that problematic SD based unit ?.

TSR you can turn on with the Lane Assist camera. Winter pack, heated mirrors - not mentioned. Feels like a lot of scraping in frost of the mirrors and front windscreen. Can you check whether the mirrors are out of the winter pack and position on front windscreen.

Having a fully specified Ateca from launch less the tow bar, missing stuff on this if you can't order it.

3. Scrogg

Scrogg Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...

Sorry, I've read that twice now and I still have no idea what you are actually asking me..?

All the information that has been released about Tarraco so far is attached to my post. If you want features that aren't listed as either standard or optional then they are not available. Surely that should be obvious?

#3 Scrogg, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  4. Tell

Tell Full Member

I did :).

A. Heated windscreen an option - price ?.

B. Winter pack. Are heated wing mirrors and jet washer screen nipples really out of it as per table. Just the headlight washer in and heated seats ?. (Arona drops these as well according to the spec)

C. Navigation Plus an option ?. Or is that 3D really the Navigation Plus unit but not described correctly ?.

The killer for me is the bottom line price to provide like for like with my fully specified, less the tow bar, Ateca 2016 4x4 DSG, Panoramic roof etc.

If you answer no to A. Lot of scraping in winter.

B. Ditto.

C. No. Dah... can't be bothered.

It's a shame the Brexit induced exchange rate pushes the car above £40,000 RRP and into the penalty UK road car tax bracket on the top First Edition specced model and if you said, yes options for the front heated windscreen the rest, ditto Navigation Plus even more so. I'd have to go for the First Edition to get the panoramic roof.

I saw this coming about a month ago with the positioning of the Ateca MY2019 and thought... yes items that were offered at the Ateca launch in 2016 won't be, thus I'd be dropping down specification to get the legroom or I could lump the legroom and keep luxury practical items:). Fear not we're still going to buy a Seat but I won't be passing mine on. The other half can get their wish of not driving a "big SUV" ;). Plan B was being hatched up in the meantime.

For someone who's not coming from a fully specified car I can see the Tarraco has many attractions but I don't want to give up on my little luxuries of the heated windscreen, mirrors and Navigation Plus for the extra foot of vehicle length and what that might deliver in passenger front leg space that's sadly missing from the Ateca (that's if you are use to it).

Thanks for getting the PDF out and answer answers you provide.

#4 Tell, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  5. Tell

Tell Full Member

6. Marcus Wilkins

Marcus Wilkins New Member

Hi Scrogg I received my new Alhambra last month but was told that it would be a MY19 but turns out it’s a MY18 as it doesn’t have front assist, chrome sills etc. There’s a case with seat but what can or should I ask for to get over the mis sold element.

7. Seriously?

Seriously? Senior Member

Each to their own, but still cannot warm to the styling, especially the front. And it's a pretty dismal palette of colours. And I hate the add-on tablet afterthought of the infotainment screen ( although SEAT aren't the only culprit with this design style).
    Other than that I quite like it !o_O