UK Xcellence Lux spec - cost / servicing deal / QI charging / ambient lighting / rear USBs?

LuM

Mar 28, 2019
Getting closer to biting the bullet on a pre-reg Ibiza Xcellence Lux, but will be travelling to pick it up if I decide to go ahead...

A few questions about the latest UK version of the Lux please, as there seem to be conflicting reviews online:

1. Does the UK version come with the QI wireless charging pad for phones in the front, central storage bin?

2. Does the same storage bin provide a GSM booster function for phone reception?

3. Does it still come with ambient lighting in the front doors / footwells?

4. Are there twin USB ports for rear passengers in the back of the front, central armrest?

5. Do the fog lights provide the cornering function for extra illumination when turning?

6. Are the fog lights LED or halogen (even with the "full LED" option)?

None of the above are deal-breakers, as it still seems to be a great car - especially from all of the reviews and feedback on here (thank you!)

And if it's not too rude to ask, what did people pay for theirs?

Did anyone manage to get the 2-year servicing deal thrown in (or anything else like spare wheel, etc) - just good to know what to try and haggle for!

Are the paint preparation things worth paying for to protect the car against the elements/birds/etc, or a con/DIY job?

And finally, which insurance company have people gone with? LV= seem to be the cheapest for me so far, but I haven't trawled all of the comparison sites too much yet...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Full specs should be in the latest brochure here:

https://www.seat.co.uk/car-shopping-tools/brochure-download.html

Hmm, I see the spec spreadsheet is no longer in the SEAT brochures???

However,

Full LED means multi LED headlights not halogens.
Full LED also means my cornering fogs are disabled. - and that s a good thing
since the yellowy fogs look rubbish with white LED headlights TBH.
SEAT paint protection products are good for dealer profit boosting only IMO - I had it once but haven't bothered on subsequent new purchases.

Last edited:
Reactions: LuM

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
This is the standard X Lux spec from the configurator

EQUIPMENT HIGHLIGHTS

17" 'Dynamic' alloy wheels with 215/45 R17 tyres
Emergency tyre repair kit
Atom Grey painted door mirrors and body-coloured door handles
Exterior mirrors: electrically foldable and electrically adjustable/heated
Dark tinted rear windows
Twin exhaust pipe styling (hidden exhaust pipe)
Metallic paint Six speakers
DAB (digital audio broadcating)
Full Link; MirrorLink, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Bluetooth® audio streaming with handsfree system
Media System Plus with 8.0" colour touchscreen with proximity sensor, Voice recognition, 2 USB ports, AUX-in, SD card slot and steering wheel mounted controls
Navigation System with 3D map display with voice recognition
Digital Cockpit
Microsuede upholstery
Height-adjustable driver's seat
Two Height-adjustable front and three rear headrests
Draw under driver's seat
Front centre armrest
3-point seat belts in front
Front seatback storage pockets
Split folding rear seats (60/40)
Three-point seatbelts on all rear seats
Front & rear parking sensors
Front and rear electric windows (one touch with anti-squeeze)
Rear view camera
Dual zone climate control
Height and reach adjustable steering wheel
SEAT Drive Profile with Four different modes (Normal-Sport-Eco-Individual), Steering response, Throttle response and Gear shifts mode (only DSG models)
Rear fog light
Leather wrapped multifunction steering wheel
KESSY (Keyless entry and go)
Front fog lamp and cornering lamp
ESC (Electronic Stability Control) with EBA (Emergency Brake Assist)
Tiredness Recognition System
Hill hold control
Driver and front passenger airbag with front passenger airbag deactivation
Side airbag in front, with curtain airbag
LED taillights
Full LED headlights

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
There's no Qi charging, unless the spec has been changed! Not an issue for me as my phone doesn't support it, and I like to use Android Auto anyway which requires being plugged in.

It has ambient lighting in the doors, like all but the base SE model. These are strips under the silver trim. They're configurable, either white or red. There's also footwell lighting in the front, and a single small LED in the phone holder area infront of the gearstick.

There's no rear USB.

The front fogs aren't cornering, and they're halogen bulbs. Doesn't bother me. The standard LED headlamps are fantastic, and look damn cool too.

I went for the spare wheel, and got the servicing plan too, but paid separate for it. Think it's worth having, and it's nice to spread the cost vs paying in a lump sum! I don't really like the idea of not having a spare, even if it doesn't get used (never used the spare in my last car).

LuM

Mar 28, 2019
Thank you all for your help - helps to manage my expectations!

Interesting that the fog lights are halogen and not LED - so I can see the point about having them disabled for cornering. Never actually had a car with cornering lights, but when I first saw them on other vehicles on the road it always looked like the bulb on the other side had blown!

Great news about the front ambient lighting - it seems like a nice touch.

Can't remember which SEAT we saw with the USB sockets at the back of driver's armrest, but that would have been nice for those in the back. Will have to run a cable to there instead (I think someone has already done this on here and hidden it beneath the trim), or perhaps I saw a cigarette lighter socket in an online video beneath the arm rest that could be used?

As for QI/GSM booster, again I can't remember which video review / era that was from (it might even have been the official online manual?). I hadn't clocked that you have to plug your mobile in to use Android Auto, etc, so that makes sense too.

Will avoid the paint protection - it does make you wonder why it's not applied in the factory if it's actually needed...

From the 6th line of the "configurator" specs listed above: "Twin exhaust pipe styling (hidden exhaust pipe)" - is that the style kit? Sounds good if it is fitted.

All-in-all, it's an expensive trim level, but the level of equipment sounds great. Looking forward to getting one now!

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
With regard to the phone signal booster, IIRC these had to be removed/disabled/not fitted due to some legality issue.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
There is a 12v socket in the centre console which would be fine for an in-car charger. I know some small VAG cars are getting the rear USBs added, it's an option on the Fabia and I think it's standard on some Polos.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
With regard to the phone signal booster, IIRC these had to be removed/disabled/not fitted due to some legality issue.

I've got the wireless charging/ GSM booster on my 2018 FR. Doesn't seem to make much difference, but I guess I got lucky buying it before they were banned.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
There is a 12v socket in the centre console which would be fine for an in-car charger. I know some small VAG cars are getting the rear USBs added, it's an option on the Fabia and I think it's standard on some Polos.
Toledo's have 2 rear USB in a very old tech car. Amazed the modern Ibiza doesnt.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Various Audis still have wireless charging available (part of the Tech pack on the A1 and A3, for example). I think it's the GSM booster that's the problem.

@camelspyyder the back seat of the Ibiza is quite de-contented. There isn't even a dome light! Although I'm not too fussed personally- it's a small car aimed at individuals with occasional use of the rear seat.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I though a major change in the Mk6 was that the rear seat is actually big enough for adults, totally unlike the Mk5 which is really only big enough for mums and kids. ;)

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
That is very true! There's significantly more space in the back of the Mk6 compared to my previous Fabia Mk3. Although that car had the luxury of not one but two lights in the rear!

With no lights and tinted windows the rear seat can get very dark. Especially on the Xcellence with the black headlining.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members