leonrob

allways inovating
Jan 5, 2010
what is the purpose / effect of ultimate diesel

mpg?
life of engine?
performance?
clean running?

i have put shell v power in my leon before and it ran exactly the same little amounts of smoke (same as before) no noticeable differance in mpg or performance
sounds like a con i could be mistaken though
anyone ?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
You basically answered your own questions.

As for tangable effects depends how well your car is maintained, age, modifications etc..

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
I think it was on 5th gear once that they proved that the higher octane performance fuel only works:
1.) When you put a few tank fulls through
2.) If you're using a high bhp car. (High bhp I'd probably say as 200 plus maybe?)

For any other cars with lower bhp there was minimal increase in performance / mpg, if anything at all.
I remember it having a significant difference on an impreza and a 911 that they tried it with.

sssstew

Editing your spelling
yeah theres loads of threads about this in the TDI section, with differing views, some saying they get less smoke and smoother running , others saying no difference. Have a read back through the TDI section to see.

Generally if it was me i would use normal diesel with some redex.

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Have a look at Millers, not as widely available as redex is, but should be in most halfords and I personally think millers is the best stuff. Still had smoke with redex, but not with Millers.

F8 CMR

Sep 6, 2009
South Shields
i have been using shell v-power in my car im on about my 6th tank i think and i see about 2mpg more and maybe an extra 40 miles out of my tank, my MFD says i should get about 520 miles out of a tank but my right foot always gets the better of me!

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Not totally convinced on the Millers claims (from the manufacturer, not you lot!) after I tried it across a lot of miles against Shell V-Power and Shell standard stuff. I rate the Shell V-Power myself - my car runs much smoother on it and you can feel the difference in power.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members