Ultimate Dubs 2013

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
***LAST MINUTE UPDATE! - we currently have one space open for the SCN club stand as one of our members has now been accepted for the indoor section! Please post your Name, car info/spec and a pic or 2 in this thread and as long as the car is of "SHOW QUALITY" (their words, not mine :p) you could be showing with us at the Ultimate Dubs club stand!***

Ultimate Dubs 2013

Telford International Centre - Sunday 10th March 2013

So who here will be going? Who is applying for the show & shine? And why the hell has nobody thought to try and arrange a club stand yet? (for those of us not worthy to show and shine but who would like to be a part of it anyway pretty please ;))

Had some awesome cars there last year, the Porsche display is set to make a return and I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing some members' cars there or in the surrounding car parks :D

P3110014.jpg

EDIT! -

So for those of us doing the club stand, it's confirmed that we'll be meeting at the Telford Services (Junction 4, M54) at 7.30 am and then rolling in together.It's a full 2.5 miles from A to B so hopefully we shouldn't lose anybody on the way :p

HERE is a link to a map, A is the Services (TF11 8TG), and B is the International Centre(TF3 4JH).

Look forward to meeting everyone :)

Last edited:

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Haha me either mate, too many stone chips and nowhere near the work of many other cars on here!

Would love to have a show stand though and at least be in the outside car park....

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Was on the outside show n shine bit last year, was boring as **** tbh

Indeed you were ;) at least if it's a club stand you can leave when you like!

P3110023.jpg

would love to attend this next year and i hope seatcupra.net get a showstand at least

It was a pretty awesome show, would love to see SCN with a stand but not many people seem bothered about shows on here :shrug:

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Haha cheers, I missed the nose off though as I had loaned my mum's crappy camera for the day!

Yeah would be better to meet up with other members, I'm thinking of applying, with admins permission and enough interest? (max 6 cars according to UD website)

Apr 28, 2012
gravesend
Indeed you were ;) at least if it's a club stand you can leave when you like!

P3110023.jpg

It was a pretty awesome show, would love to see SCN with a stand but not many people seem bothered about shows on here :shrug:

id defo be interested mate wanna show off my grey car and gold wheels abit more as it getting alot of interest even from the calibre company and wheel wright i could get a palce to become a showcar for one of them

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Is that for inside or outside? Some of the cars on the show stands last year weren't great.

Never get many seats at this either

It doesn't state, just says club stands for up to 6 cars. Would hope that it's outside if I'm honest as then you're not having to wait until the end of the day.

And that's why I think we should organise a stand, get a few more Seats represented at the show!

id defo be interested mate wanna show off my grey car and gold wheels abit more as it getting alot of interest even from the calibre company and wheel wright i could get a palce to become a showcar for one of them

Yeah same really, would like to have my car showcased for the bits I've done so far and, as Derek said, some of the cars there aren't that great so feel my car would fit right in :p

Any more interest in doin a club stand? I can email them in the week and see what they say if we have a few more interested.

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Ok just been having a look and they have indoor (5 cars) or outdoor (6 cars) spots, each for natonal clubs (which I htink it's safe to say we are). They need a photo/info on each of the cars that want to participate including any work to be completed before the event (including updates) so to make it as easy as possible, could those interested please post up details in the format below and then I can email them with the info in the week:

DGJDrummer (Darren)

Mk1 Seat Leon Cupra TDI (150)

SAM_0281edit.jpg

Specs

Chassis

18" Cades Tyrus, 8"front, 9"rear
Falken ze912s (215-225/40/18)

(to be done)
AP Coilovers
Polybush top mounts
Whiteline front arb
JJC Race & Rally 15mm wheel spacers (front&rear)

Interior

Sprayed centre fascia
Leather golf mkIV handbrake
Sprayed gear knob trim
Black Leon Cupra R pillars/seals/roof lining/handles/sun visors etc
Nomad Pillar Pod with boost gauge

(to be done)
Wrapped switches & handles
Custom floor mats

Exterior
Cupra R splitter
Golf MkIV Aero wipers