Unbelievably Fast K1!!!

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
Blade took me out for a spin in his K1 today and i was shocked at how fast it is.
Ridiculous amounts of midrange torque, loads of top end power, lots of wheelspin and strangely loads of grip at the same time.
It feels every bit as fast as the recent dyno suggests and so civilised as well.
The dbillas intake and resonated exhaust system keep everything sounding grown up........Haha its like a stealth flippin missile.
The Cupra engine has soooo much potential from just a handfull of bolt-ons and some quality mapping.
Cheers for the spin Blade

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I know its not top of the list of concerns going by the BHP output..............but whats the MPG like? Is it still not too bad?

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
I know its not top of the list of concerns going by the BHP output..............but whats the MPG like? Is it still not too bad?

When we got in the car it was in standard mode so i guess he just uses the extra power when he feels like it.
I would find that power totally addictive so for me the consumption would be shocking!!!!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Owenlcr has been runnning with GIAC and stage 2+ hardware on his white Cupra for a good 6 months now, and yes it is quick.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Has he had it on a dyno?. Would be nice to see if its similar

Yes, but I cant remember the numbers.

To be honest though, I would discount them anyway as you cant compare 2 cars on 2 different rolling roads on 2 different days.

jonnyc

Sep 3, 2008
Blade,

You should get yourself to Santa Pod this Sunday for Spring fest and see how fast it really is :p

Sounds good

Jonny

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I would also be interested to see the 1/4 mile time for it.

Given that your car made that time and ET through 888's lightweight wheels, the car being stripped of quite a bit of weight, and because it has the DSG box which shaves 0.4 seconds off the 1/4 mile, I would estimate Blades car to run 13.5-13.7 @ 110mph.

Edit:
Ben CTR manages 13.2 in his Stage 2 Edition 30 DSG, and a stage 2 Revo Leon Cupra (manual box) managed 13.6 last year.

Last edited:

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Im gutted, I wont be able to do any sprint runs on sunday, cars runing **** at the moment, still trying to work out whats up. [:@]

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
I would also be interested to see the 1/4 mile time for it.

Given that your car made that time and ET through 888's lightweight wheels, the car being stripped of quite a bit of weight, and because it has the DSG box which shaves 0.4 seconds off the 1/4 mile, I would estimate Blades car to run 13.5-13.7 @ 110mph.

And his lsd plus trick suspension setup!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.