Under bonnet soundproofing & oil usage

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Does anyone have under bonnet soundproofing on their Ibiza? I'm shocked to find none there and see that you can buy it online as an official Ibiza/Arona part for about £30.

Also, What is peoples oil usage looking like on the 1.0TSI? Mine is a 2019 on long life servicing (due in 4000 miles @18k) and has took 500ml top-up bottle about 1000 miles ago to bring it back up to the level it should be, is this normal and will it continue? I noted today that the level has since dropped again to about 3/4 but is still within the acceptable range of the dipstick.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
If you want soundeading you need to buy a VW or Audi. These are the little things Vag use to save money and make the seat cheaper to build and sell compared to the VW and Audi

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: RUM4MO

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
If you want soundeading you need to buy a VW or Audi. These are the little things Vag use to save money and make the seat cheaper to build and sell compared to the VW and Audi

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I think that even VW are leaving this out - especially in some sales areas, in South Africa I think, VW Polo GTI and/or GTI+ don't get that fitted and all the owners get as an excuse is "to allow more heat to escape" - nice try VW ZA.

The oil I can't comment on as I don't have that age of that engine, but some engine oil usage is allowed for/acceptable during the initial running in period, maybe just keep an eye on it and add up to another 1 litre before talking to your supplying dealer about this and keep any/all proof of purchase - ie receipts for correct oil only.

I'm guessing that you are checking the oil level the same way each time you check it, ie as advised in the owners information pages?

Edit:- I've never ever needed to top up engine oil in any bought new VW Group car since my 2000 VW Passat 4Motion, and I'm guessing neither have you in the past when buying new VW Group cars.

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
Does anyone have under bonnet soundproofing on their Ibiza? I'm shocked to find none there and see that you can buy it online as an official Ibiza/Arona part for about £30.

Also, What is peoples oil usage looking like on the 1.0TSI? Mine is a 2019 on long life servicing (due in 4000 miles @18k) and has took 500ml top-up bottle about 1000 miles ago to bring it back up to the level it should be, is this normal and will it continue? I noted today that the level has since dropped again to about 3/4 but is still within the acceptable range of the dipstick.

I'm sorry to say, but it's not normal to lose oil as you say. I had an A1 with a 1.4 engine and every month he drank almost 500ml of oil at Audi, they said it was normal, but it wasn't. Now, my Ibiza is 15000 km long and the oil has dropped less than 100 ml, which is normal for a new engine initially. If your car continues to lose oil, contact your dealer and ask him to solve the problem.

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
I have some Dynamat soundproofing under the bonnet. It's difficult to say whether it's doing anything. In my opinion, far more noise is generated from the tires than the engine.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I can barely hear the engine most of the time. Tyre noise, on the other hand, is quite noticeable. I have the 17'' wheels standard on the Xcellence Lux.

Mar 11, 2020

Where can you buy the official stuff for the ibiza?

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
Mine at least didn't have any (visible) soundproofing under the bonnet. Maybe there is some inside the firewall.

Mar 11, 2020
So I'm due to take delivery of a new Ibiza Xcellence Lux at the start of April. I spoke to the dealership today about ordering the under bonnet insulation and they advised waiting until the car arrived, because some Ibizas come with it pre installed.

I was under the impression that no Ibiza, at least ones built in the last year or so, came with it fitted regardless of model.

Did anyone's here?

Big Vinny

Oct 14, 2012
I've got the official SEAT Under Bonnet Mat fitted. The car a FR didn't originally have one but I knew from previous Ibiza's that they existed. The main reason for fitting was not so much noise reduction which is very hard to tell the difference, but more to stop the rising water droplet haze (some call it steam) you get when you park up with a wet bonnet.

At the time of buying last year this was the only one in the country as shown on the SEAT parts computer. I guess this is due to a lack of diesel models which would normally have one. Looking at the receipt the part number is S6F0863831A 642830/SILENCER. Cost £24.44 and fitted in 2 minutes with a clip.

Attachments

• 20210327_091723.jpg
    20210327_091723.jpg
    629 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members