Uneven Tyre Wear

Monks Seat

Mar 23, 2009
Birmingham
hi all,
i have a 56 plate ibiza, now the problem i have is im getting abit of tyre wear on the the inside of both front wheels, they are worn in the same place on both wheels. has any body had any similar problems like this?
cheers

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
hi all,
i have a 56 plate ibiza, now the problem i have is im getting abit of tyre wear on the the inside of both front wheels, they are worn in the same place on both wheels. has any body had any similar problems like this?
cheers

Probably everyone who has ever owned an Ibiza.

Try a search - Wheel Alignment or Front wishbone bushes

nossi_20v

Mar 8, 2009
Teesside
I noticed this with mine since ive owned it, when i fitted my coilovers i got the tracking fully aligned and it hasnt solved the problem, both my front tyres are at least 1 to 2 mm down compared to the outside :confused: as far as im aware i dont think the cambers adjustable on these either so it left be baffled

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
As said already, there is no official provision for adjusting the camber, but I think that all the fixing holes are oversized so some adjustment is possible - get somewhere with a four wheel alignment bench to try to sort it, or, I'm sure that there are some expensive oprions arouns that few folk take up - like adjustable top mounts and/or excentric TCA rear bushes.

My wife's Polo got Cupra front bushes and a full four wheel re-alignment about three years ago - following by a full set of tyres, at its MOT about a year ago both front tyres were U/S (on the inside) - so even after taking all normal attempts to stop this happening - and even with standard suspension fitted and a petrol engine, these cars will still wipe out front tyres without you needing to abuse them - its the price we pay for buying cheap cars and expecting good road holding!

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise