UniSettings - Exhaust Pops On Overrun

JamJay

California Bound
Ok, so this might be put to bed quite quickly but here goes.

Can you encourage the car to over fuel slightly on the overrun (deceleration) and gear changes to get a free flowing exhaust burbling, popping & maybe a flame or two using Uni-Settings?

I have been doing a little research into the product but I'm still learning. I notice that on Channel 03 you can increase and decrease the fueling for deceleration but I have no idea whether:

A) Increasing the fuelling here will give any exhaust pops
B) It will cause damage to parts of the engine or any running issues

Can anyone advise on this at all?

I have found this link quite useful...if it's correct that is: http://www.audifreaks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197

Nov 7, 2009
I love the pops lol. Mine does it often on overrun and normal gear changes. I do have a straight thru exhaust tho. Sounds awsome

JamJay

California Bound
I was expecting someone to come on here and tell me to 'stop being a bell-end' :D. I thought I'd rather have that than do this and wreck my car.

It looks simple enough to implement on Uni-Settings but I don't know enough about electronic tuning to answer my questions. I hope that some-one in the know can answer this for us :).

I know that, on a similar program, it is possible to do this with Subaru turbocharged cars specifically on the overrun so why not for VAG? I am dubious mainly due to their senstive nature but I hope that this can be done.

Cupra R Ash, I think that your custom cat-back will be helping with this, I plan to go this route with a free flowing rear box.

Deleted member 12147

I dont know the answers to any of your questions but I want pops and bangs to, lol. There is a guy round by me that has a mk4 golf that pops and bangs on decceleration and it's VERY loud! sounds like a war zone, not sure what it's running but it's defo possible on vag engines.

Last edited by a moderator:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
If your running a cat and want it to last then you dont want to to pop and spit flames, the unburnt fuel will damage the coating inside the cat and kill it.

Jamjay 'stop being a bell-end' ;)

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Ok here's my in put

on my Stage 1 LC, I had a:

3" downpipe
2.5" decat
2.5" system with a middle silence (resonated?) and a pretty chunky back box

I couldn't hear anything! was not loud at all, in fact it sounded exactly like the standard set-up!

Gunning for more noise......

I replaced the back box for a straight through pipe, i.e no backbox! (see my project thread)

I got the od pops when shifting!, I got the burble now but god damn this sounded so wrong and loud! (almost like a subaru exhaust!) really, really loud, droney and just plain not my thing.

*** NOTE: Middle silencer was still in (resonated thingy)

Fed-up with the noise I put on a small back box, smaller then half the previous back box!, now......

I get a nice burble in IDLE
Pops when exhaust is warm, deep pops, not loud Subaru / ST pops
Pops, burbles and Growls on overrun
Awesome sounding noise on full throttle!

Again have a look at my readers ride thread if that doesn't make sense

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2009
Mine was doin it changing from 2nd to 3rd every time while i nipped pricin up my wheels. Wer lovin it. I wernt bootin it either

JamJay

California Bound
Nah not tried yet, I still have the stock cat-back on so there wouldn't be much point until I get a custom cat-back on there. I'm just doing some research before I play around with it, I'd rather do it this way than getting a WOT BOX which I'd never use the way it was intended anyway.

Lol bell-end or not, each to their own ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.