UniSettings - Exhaust Pops On Overrun

Rauer

I just don't want a Vauxhall that's all.

Your not on your own there! But would rather one of those than a Peugeot/sh1troen or Renault or fiat
Crap I'm quickly running out of options!

Deleted member 12147

Got the reg from the vid and googled it. simples :D

Allan_84

Apr 11, 2010
Denmark
i have stage 1 software in my LC, and my car do the "pop/bang" sound when i lift of the gas or change gear, i dont like it so i have played with unisettings and decreased channel 3 a little, and the pop is now gone,,
unisetting, channel 3, fueling on decreasing load
unisetting.jpg

Unisetting can be downloaded here: http://www.unitronic-chipped.com/main/en/tuning/uni_setting.html

so i think if you increase this channel a little, then you get more "pop".

i have read on vwvortex.com forum that you can also do other things so the engine do more "pop" when changing gear or lift of the gas:
decat
free air blow of valve like the hks or other that blows air out.

Chrissy20vt

Nov 2, 2009
Hi guys, this is interesting, But can someone explain in simplicity how to dial in more on the correct channel to gain 'more pop'?

What would the procedure be for a total novice, I have an LCR Mapped etc..

Cheers, Chrissy

JamJay

California Bound
Hi guys, this is interesting, But can someone explain in simplicity how to dial in more on the correct channel to gain 'more pop'?

What would the procedure be for a total novice, I have an LCR Mapped etc..

Cheers, Chrissy

From what I can tell Chrissy, you look at Channel 03 - Fuelling on decreaing load and see what percentage it's at. In the example Allan gave, it's 100.00% which I assume will be the OE setting, to increase fuelling you just increase the percentage here and then go for a test run.

I have been reading some articles on exhaust pops by decreasing the fuelling on decelleration though but I am researching this more.

Gti-Joe

I have to agree, if only Remus did an exhaust for the LCRs! Unisettings sounds like an interesting piece of software... Think i'll do some digging about this also!

JamJay

California Bound
I'm not sure it's totally down to the Remus, I mean there has to be a certain degree of excess fuel reaching the exhaust for any ignition an pops to occur but I think that the Remus systems are particularly free flowing in comparison to the BlueFlame, Milltek systems which have a lot of baffling in the rear boxes.

I'll be trying a free flowing system in conjuction with some ECU tweaking to see what I get :)

Gti-Joe

I'm not sure it's totally down to the Remus, I mean there has to be a certain degree of excess fuel reaching the exhaust for any ignition an pops to occur but I think that the Remus systems are particularly free flowing in comparison to the BlueFlame, Milltek systems which have a lot of baffling in the rear boxes.

I'll be trying a free flowing system in conjuction with some ECU tweaking to see what I get :)

Sounds very interesting indeed! I'm currently researching which exhaust setup is going to give the best pops and bangs and overall noise, and whether going blueflame/ Miltek or custom is the best way forward....

What free flowing system are you giving a go? i presume decat?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members