UniSettings - Exhaust Pops On Overrun

Pyro

I'm running stage two lc with 3" blueflame DP and 2.5"decat + 2.5" superspint system and I get a few pops here and there on normal driving while shifting etc but if I floor it and then come off onto ovarun I get some really sexy pops bangs and spit flames :D

When it was really cold I was spitting 3-4" flames and poping like mad even driving slow :) I'm pretty sure this I caused by over fueling as my lamba is not mapped out for the decat etc and I have codes up ;) so I think it may work I haven't red page two so sorry if I'm being a parrot :p lol

Deleted member 12147

Well I ended up biting the bullet and I ordered a WOT BOX from the US, should hopefully be here next week.

Pyro

Mines inky really done it for the lase few months since we had the big freeze and it's not all the time but my mate has a video of my on a dual carriage way he was following me on his bike and had his helmet cam on :D and as I pull off from him (for tge few seconds until he pulls back the tgrottle on hiss gsxr 1000:() all you can see is flames spitting out my car :D looks awesome lol I'll see if I can get hold of it next week when he's back at work ;)

Deleted member 12147

Have you got a wot box? or have you used unisettings?

Pyro

Not to my knowlage :)

The car is over fueling due to lamber codes but that's from the decat ;) See the second post down on this page ;)

JamJay

California Bound
JamJay...... did you ever go any further with the unisettings? if so did it work?

It's booked in next week for a free flowing 3" system to be fitted so I'll run that in and see what I get. It might be that this is the key to what I'm after but if not then I'll play with UniSettings. I'll update this/my build thread with results.

I'm running stage two lc with 3" blueflame DP and 2.5"decat + 2.5" superspint system and I get a few pops here and there on normal driving while shifting etc but if I floor it and then come off onto ovarun I get some really sexy pops bangs and spit flames :D

When it was really cold I was spitting 3-4" flames and poping like mad even driving slow :) I'm pretty sure this I caused by over fueling as my lamba is not mapped out for the decat etc and I have codes up ;) so I think it may work I haven't red page two so sorry if I'm being a parrot :p lol

That sounds like what I'm after but you're right, probably down to a little over fueling. How's you fuel economy ot of interest?

I can pops on hard gear changes, and when the traction control kicks in when it's switched on. Never really on the overrun though

I get a few of these now although very muffled by the OE cat-back, sounds quite comical at times.

Well I ended up biting the bullet and I ordered a WOT BOX from the US, should hopefully be here next week.

Let us know how you get on. I know that WOT boxes give a nice pop on gear changes but I've never heard one on over run.

Mines inky really done it for the lase few months since we had the big freeze and it's not all the time but my mate has a video of my on a dual carriage way he was following me on his bike and had his helmet cam on :D and as I pull off from him (for tge few seconds until he pulls back the tgrottle on hiss gsxr 1000:() all you can see is flames spitting out my car :D looks awesome lol I'll see if I can get hold of it next week when he's back at work ;)

Video would be great :). There is a video on Youtube of an LCR racing a Mugen CTR and it lets out big flames on the over run, the member was on her but he got banned...I think. Anyway, I spoke to him before thise and he is running a non-res system with high flow rear silencer, no idea on the piping diameter but I would say 2.75"+. There is also another member here who cut his OE system, removed the mid-silencer and put it at the back where the rear box is after completely binning the MASSIVE OE rear box. In essence, a high flow 2.5" system.

Last edited:

EddC

Jun 11, 2010
I have a 3" decat mated to a 2.5" straight through system to a free flowing back box. Got it custom built at exhaust a fix in Darlington. It pops and bangs at almost every opportunity:D and its not remapped yet. It sounds especially good when the exhaust is hot and the t/c comes one, sounds like a drag car on overrun. How ever, it is just a little too loud for me for day to day driving, my friend took it for a spin whilst I stood at the side of the road. He pulled away full chat, it sounded awful, just a wall of noise. So I'm getting a custom middle box made just to take the edge off. I'll let you all know what it sounds like tomorrow after they fit it. :)

Edd

JamJay

California Bound
Thanks Edd, please do :)

I'm getting rid of the mid-silencer and will play around with the rear box. I'll try a free flow one first but if that's too loud I'll try the next one down. I don't want to baffle the rear box too much though or it'll defeat the purpose but i'm unsure of how a mid-box would effect things :shrug:

Last edited:

Pyro

My fuel economy isn't to bad tbh I'm still doing a good 280-300 miles on 1 tank unless I'm abit bevy footed etc (witch I am :() iv text my mate today but he's in turkey lol so I dunno when I'll get a reply fingers crossed he still it :( As I'm nor sure what he does with his helmet cam vids I've also notice today that now I've put my catchtank back into the tip it's not as popy :think: I'm not sure how it's effected it or even if it has but on my way to work it didn't pop much could be coz I haven't driven it in 3 days tho :shrug:

Deleted member 12147

Got home and look what was waiting for me:D

1fe9772f.jpg

Deleted member 12147

Yeah, looking at the instructions it looks pretty straight forward. There is only 6 wires that need to be hooked up.

A guy on one of the vw forums has done a good fitting guide aswell so Ill print that off aswell.

Deleted member 12147

I wonder what it would sound like with the WB fitted and unisettings altered.

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
Just tried that software linked on page two. But I can't get the fueling to stick. Sometimes it saves but when you rescan it's at default.

And sometimes it fails because it can't read the RAM.

Any ideas??

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.