turboboy

Universal intercooler, the guide.

dirtyD123

Oct 25, 2013
teeside
No I don't NEED one but i think it's pointless spending around 800 quid and getting no great power gains. When someone can just get there car mapped for 200 and have a lot more power than me after spending 4 times as much. I need my car remapping as it's got a hybrid and hardly faster than a standard car. It's snowed than my saxo an that was dirt cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
If you read the guide fully dirty you can get an FMIC for about £100 so if your paying £800 the seller is just rubbing hands like and evil warlord with a big grin and as turbo has said for £100 it's a good upgrade to do before a remap which is when you'll get the best benefit from it

dirtyD123

Oct 25, 2013
teeside
800 was including my hybrid turbo and fmic and egr delete I'm just talking on a whole, and I only recently signed up to this forum. I bought and did the work before I was on here

dirtyD123

Oct 25, 2013
teeside
I didn't even realise this was a guide I thought it was someone asking a question about intercooler. I still don't know this forum properly as I don't use it.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I'm in the wrong place anyway. I'm talking about the mk4 ibiza didn't realise this was for mk5

That explains it - MK4 side mounted intercooler to MK4 FMIC was a fortune to do and required hacking the bumper around to do it as well.

The MK5 already has a FMIC - we are just going bigger with some universally available parts.

dirtyD123

Oct 25, 2013
teeside
Yeahh I with it was that easy on mine. Iv literaly lost most of my bumper from it haha

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
It's always handy to what what your posting about in a thread rather than just ruining somebody's guide because you have no idea what your talking about,not sure what the thread is about and being in the completely wrong section.

Well done mate.

Would be nice if moderators could clean this thread up to save any confusion

Last edited:

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
Just stop spamming the thread mate. Don't type any more comments, your digging a bigger and bigger hole

darkwizard

Nov 28, 2012
Sizes

Sorry for this noobie message but I want to fit a bigger IC and I am not sure about sizes:
I have seen many IC listed as 550x140x65mm "core size" and 770mm "full lenght" would those fit? I mean , the size you gave us is for the "core" or for the "full" size.

Thank you very much

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Sorry for this noobie message but I want to fit a bigger IC and I am not sure about sizes:
I have seen many IC listed as 550x140x65mm "core size" and 770mm "full lenght" would those fit? I mean , the size you gave us is for the "core" or for the "full" size.

Thank you very much

550 is the CORE length size

65 is core thickness

140 is core height ( you can put a 180 here )

They tend to be around 690/700 overall length

Make sure you get 57mm ( 2.25" inlet & outlet )

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.