Unlock button not working

Moffat

Cupra R
Mar 29, 2009
Alnwick, Northumberland
I went to get in my car this morning, and the unlock button on the key didn't work (i do think it has been getting less effective recently) so i unlocked it with the key in the door. When i locked it again though, it worked fine from the fob. Tried it a few times and it didn't unlock once, but would lock everytime. I didn't think it'd be the bettery if it locks every time, but does anyone know what else it could be?
I might try and change the battery though, soo if it does anything. How does the key come apart, and does it need re-coded afterwards, or is it just s straight battery change with no fuss?

R4MSN_86CUPRA R

Jan 31, 2008
Glasgow
mate a went to ma car yesterday and the doors wouldnt lock or unlock from the key and inside. checked the fuse and that sorted it. so a would check that first

andyc58

Aug 24, 2009
im having same prob.When i take the chip out of the key fob and battery out it works fine so it must be something to do with the case

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Check the contacts on the fob battery are sitting nice. Also try disconnecting your negative terminal on the car battery for about 20 mins then reconnect. Make sure you have your radio code before proceeding.
That has been known to cure a few gremlins, both fobs and mirrors etc...

JediX

I went to get in my car this morning, and the unlock button on the key didn't work (i do think it has been getting less effective recently) so i unlocked it with the key in the door. When i locked it again though, it worked fine from the fob. Tried it a few times and it didn't unlock once, but would lock everytime. I didn't think it'd be the bettery if it locks every time, but does anyone know what else it could be?
I might try and change the battery though, soo if it does anything. How does the key come apart, and does it need re-coded afterwards, or is it just s straight battery change with no fuss?

I'm having the same problem with my 56 Leon fr. I am unable to unlock the doors using the key fob but have no problems locking the doors with the key fob. Also I can open the boot with the key fob. Did you find an easy fix for this problem?

Doey1978

Jul 15, 2008
Ashford, Kent
I had some key problems a while ago and just took it to the dealers had a new key and reprogrammed been perfect ever sine I think it was about £55 quid. Not bad imo.

JediX

Hmmmmmmm £55? A little bit more than I was willing to pay. Think I might try the disconnecting the battery option before I part with my hard earned cash!

Doey1978

Jul 15, 2008
Ashford, Kent
I hope you can sort it out, I tried a few things then give up and went to the dealer - as its so annoying when things dont work like they should in my case the button wouldnt lock or unlock the doors so had to use the key which is fine when your not carrying loads of stuff....

richellis

Feb 29, 2008
Cannock
I had this too. the unlock button just stopped working on the remote, when pressing the unlock nothing happened (no light on the fob). I took the key apart and inside the switch is a small metal disc. When you push the button this deformes and makes contact with the micro switch under it.
What had happened is that this disc had bent and was not making its contact. I removed it and reformed the slight dome on it by very carefully holding it in the palm of my hand and pressing it with a screwdriver so it shaped again.
I did this about 6 months ago and it has worked fine ever since!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise