Unlocking problem?

Ryan_98

Leon Mk1 enthusiast
May 24, 2016
Hello when I first got my car it worked fine and I have been doing work on it and now I have trouble with unlocking it. I have had the outer handles out to respray the vehicle and them and put them back in, I don't know if this affected it or not. But when I unlocked it I do one click for drivers door and 2 for the rest, however the drivers door never unlocks all other doors did you could not open drivers from inside or outside until you put the key in it and turned it. A couple weeks later I tried unlocking again and now none of the doors unlock you can hear the mechanisms trying to open but don't unless I put the key in drivers door to unlock then they all work fine. Any ideas as what would cause this? I know how the double click on the fob works I'm not being a plonker. I've read that the battery in the fob sometimes causes It to play up but the light illuminates very bright and it all locks fine single and double lock, it just won't unlock. The car battery is charged. Any idea appreciated, Thanks

boqer123

Nov 11, 2011
Try unplugging your battery for 20-30 mins then reconnect. Happened with mine a few years ago and that seemed to work

Ryan_98

Leon Mk1 enthusiast
May 24, 2016
sorted it, it was the drivers door lock faulty the motor was very weak so couldnt unlock it fully which is why i could hear it but wouldnt open and it. as soon as i replaced that all the other locks started working again except my boot which didnt lock but that was just the rod in the latch had managed to pop itself off as it was tight on the slider so all lubed up and works spot on again

Teresa

Jun 30, 2018
I have a problem with my key fob it was dropped at a forecourt now the red light doest work so I can't use it remotely but I can use it in the ignition any help would be appreciated don't want to fork out for a new one

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
I have a problem with my key fob it was dropped at a forecourt now the red light doest work so I can't use it remotely but I can use it in the ignition any help would be appreciated don't want to fork out for a new one
Checked it's not just dislodged the battery from the connection point inside? Open it up and check if not. My battery shifted loads of times now....but not for a while...touch wood.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Teresa

Jun 30, 2018
Checked it's not just dislodged the battery from the connection point inside? Open it up and check if not. My battery shifted loads of times now....but not for a while...touch wood.

Thanks for the help but I've taken it apart put new batteries in still don't work

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Thanks for the help but I've taken it apart put new batteries in still don't work
It's cool. My key didn't work for sometimes two weeks at a time but would just come back to life somehow without me doing anything. So far it's been a few months as far as I can remember.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.