1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Progressive Parts Rolling Road Day - 17th November 2019 - find out more here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Update car stereo

Discussion in 'Ateca' started by David Elliot, Apr 13, 2018.

1. David Elliot

David Elliot Active Member

Have any of you installed an android stereo in your car? How did it go? I am looking the Android car stereo and want to install in my car. How about the Seicane Android car stereo?

2. Tell

Tell Full Member

People on the Altea board were busy at one stage replacing that head end with Android based ones. I guess you should look at the VW or perhaps Skoda boards to find the equivalent slot fitting unit. Given that Android auto is supported on the Ateca unit although it might not be in the country you are posting from, may be not. I have seen reports of people frigging the Ateca unit on the Android side so that its not limited to Android Auto apps - general ones not designed for use when driving (Like breaking the law). Frigging Android Auto, possibly side loading rather than the car's system.

#2 Tell, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  3. cbcdesign

cbcdesign Active Member

I don't think its illegal to use apps that bypass the restrictions that android and car makers apply. Its just illegal to use some apps when driving so they are disabled automatically for safety by the manufacturers of the cars and phones. Even google maps was disabled at one point which was a bit ridiculous when you think about it.