Updating Navigation software issue

benwelton

Oct 23, 2016
Hi all,

first post here and although I've seen a number of previous posts about this, i seem to be having issues updating my navigation system.

i have been using the navigation.com website below as i have a 2013 Leon with the 5F0 part number and have replaced all of the data with the extracted data from the download in the link.

every time i put the SD card card back in, the system recognises it but then when i open up the navigation system by pressing the NAV button it throws up an error.

does anyone have any ideas?

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
There is a pretty long thread on here about it. The short answer is that for 99% of UK customers you need to go to the dealer and pay to update.

That website is for European customers as far as I know.

benwelton

Oct 23, 2016
okay, in that case, I've just been having a look on eBay to find the latest SD card and they do stock them although its difficult to know the compatibility of them, anyone know if theres a way to check the compatibility of an SD card with your system?

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
think they still need a dealer to enter an activation code, and why would they unless you buy the card from them?
we're stuck with this, I'm afraid....

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
In the rest of Europe (like in the Netherlands) one can order Mapcare with the car.
You wil get then 3 years of free updates you must then download and copy to the Navi SDCard that is supplied with the car by yourself.
Unfortunately that is what I read here impossible in the UK what I think is stupid btw.
Buying a card on Ebay may be risky because it could not work and nevertheless the dealer is the only one to activate an SDCard on their system wether you buy it on Ebay with all the risk or at the dealers.

PaulyM

still learning
Apr 6, 2011
Cheshire
As far as I am aware, the cards on eBay will only work if they are brand new and come with an activation code. The ones sold as just a card will throw up an error (I know as I have tried) unless, I am guessing, you have paid for mapcare as previously mentioned.
You need the AT card to try it for yourself which is up to V6 right now I think.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
If the card is new it will work. If its 2nd hand it won't

I was lucky enough to get a card from a Map care country which in turn has allowed me to download the maps for free since. Currently running the 2017 update.

dsr

Nov 1, 2014
Norwich
Based on past release dates (sorry, I don't have the info to guess myself), anyone have a feel as to when v7 might be released?

R22 JGB

SEAT Leon FR184 DSG
Aug 29, 2010
Gateshead
Is this the same system as Skoda?
When I got my 3 month old Octavia Scout last year, it came without the sat Nav SD card, The salesman got me a brand new card, which would not work in my car. THe original SD card turned up once inserted the Sat Nav worked.
A little while later, I saw on the Briskoda forum that new maps were available, I used the VIN number and downloaded the files (which I have stored on my PC. The existing files were deleted from the SD card and the new files uploaded to the card, so I now had the new maps.

Would I be able to upload these files to my SEAT SD card?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members