Upgraded Bulbs

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
Chemical Al said:
I find the normal bulbs are ok, just the lamps are pointing too low, even when on the highest setting
I had exactly the same problem. It's very easy to fix - all you need is a Philips head screwdriver.

Open the bonnet, and on top of each headlight unit you'll see a circular white plastic thing with a Philips screw head moulded into it. Simply turn that with the screwdriver. IIRC, anticlockwise causes the beam to go up. Turn it small amounts at a time - I'd recommend no more than one turn at a time, then check the results and repeat if necessary. I marked mine with a permanent marker pen to make it easier to see how far I'd turn it.

McNab

May 24, 2005
i checked my light alighnment and the one of the left was alot lower than the one on the right. So i tried to put it higer but the adjuster under the bonnet moves round but doesnt move the light beam up or down. My car is under dealer warranty. would they be able to adjust them for free? or would i get charged?

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
McNab said:
i checked my light alighnment and the one of the left was alot lower than the one on the right. So i tried to put it higer but the adjuster under the bonnet moves round but doesnt move the light beam up or down. My car is under dealer warranty. would they be able to adjust them for free? or would i get charged?
Sounds to me like the adjustment mechanism has become dislodged somehow - maybe that's why your light was pointing too low. Take it in and tell them the adjustment doesn't work - and let them know you expect it to be fixed under warranty. See what happens...

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
McNab said:
Not sure about the standard headlights, but the housings for my HID lights each have two adjuster screws, one for up/down, the other for side/side. One is on the engine side of the headlamp housing, the other is up close to the wing.

Just wondered if you might be turning the wrong one....

McNab

May 24, 2005
muddyboots said:
Not sure about the standard headlights, but the housings for my HID lights each have two adjuster screws, one for up/down, the other for side/side. One is on the engine side of the headlamp housing, the other is up close to the wing.

Just wondered if you might be turning the wrong one....

No i turned the top one and it didnt move it. So i've just been down to my local seat dealer and they adjusted them. Cost me £24 [:@]

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Not sure what you mean by "top", as both screws on mine are on the top of the headlamp...

McNab

May 24, 2005
muddyboots said:
Not sure what you mean by "top", as both screws on mine are on the top of the headlamp...

Ha yeah true. I mean i tried adjusting the one thats nearest the centre grill of the car on each lamp. Not the outer one. anyway hopefully they are fixed now. will just have to wait and see when i'm i'm on my way home from work in the dark.

turkish

Mar 14, 2003
Kent
Visit site
When I got mine, the lights were awful, So manually adjusted them against my garage door, as they pointed to far to the ground. Now they point much higher up "but not to high"

Then uprated the bulbs, first tried Philips BlueVision bulbs, which are 30% brighter but give a whiter normaly day light colour glow, these were ok, but thought they could be better, so changed them for Philips VisionPlus, which are 50% brighter, but only give normal colour. These are truly awesome, the best legal bulbs money can buy. Got them of ebay.

Now got nice long and full beam, and never feel like my lights are weak.