Uprated Brake Servo Hose?

greg

Aug 31, 2005
Hi Guys,

As i've mentionned on here before, my Brembo's are pretty pants to say the least (cant even get ABS to kick in) and reading numerous threads on here has lead me to believe its most likely a lack of servo assist that is causing the problems. Although the brake servo hose has no visible signs of damage (and is not due for recall- already checked with Seat) i have decided to replace it to see if it helps matters.

Does anyone know if its possble to replace this hose with a better uprated one or shall i just get an OEM one from the dealers?

Cheers,
Greg

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
what model have you fitted em too ? could be master cylinder size if not a cupra

ABS system / brake lines blocked not unheard of either on older models

disconnect the servo hose (block engine side up) and test em to see if you need to press harder, would be best way to test the hose is ok

greg

Aug 31, 2005
what model have you fitted em too ? could be master cylinder size if not a cupra

ABS system / brake lines blocked not unheard of either on older models

disconnect the servo hose (block engine side up) and test em to see if you need to press harder, would be best way to test the hose is ok

Brembos are fitted to my cupra. The car belonged to my mate in the past, and he fitted the brembos and said they worked awesome the whole time he had it. Also i have serviced the brake fluid recently (which gave no improvement) so i dont think its blocked lines.

Are you suggesting removing the servo hose to check if the braking gets worse?? Cant see i would notice them possibly being any worse to be honest even if i removed the calipers :lol:

A few more points which might help identify the problem......The braking seems worse at higher speeds.... the pedal feels spongey at first then goes rock hard if you press further....however no matter how hard you press the pedal the car will never lock up or have the ABS kick in :shrug:

Thanks for the reply Fl@pper. :D

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
sounds daft but even just a change won't always hi-light the problem easily as i found with mine which bugged me in pretty much the same way and didn't even go there until one day i couldn't bleed one line out and that was after new master cylinder/hoses/calipers had all been fitted seperate

disconnecting the hose (drive safe mind) won't make the brakes 'worse' just a lot harder to press so might be a quick easy way to see if it's the servo side of things.

ideally i would be down the local mot testers rollers and see what the efficency test etc is like as that may hilite the problem or at least give you a proper figure to work on

not blued the discs up and smoked/cooked em have ya in the past ?

greg

Aug 31, 2005
sounds daft but even just a change won't always hi-light the problem easily as i found with mine which bugged me in pretty much the same way and didn't even go there until one day i couldn't bleed one line out and that was after new master cylinder/hoses/calipers had all been fitted seperate

disconnecting the hose (drive safe mind) won't make the brakes 'worse' just a lot harder to press so might be a quick easy way to see if it's the servo side of things.

ideally i would be down the local mot testers rollers and see what the efficency test etc is like as that may hilite the problem or at least give you a proper figure to work on

not blued the discs up and smoked/cooked em have ya in the past ?

When i bought the car the front disks were badly warped. I thought this may have caused bubbles in the brake fluid, so bled the brakes and changed the fluid, unfortunately this did not make them any better :(

greg

Aug 31, 2005
which way up are they, ie are the bleed nipples at the top? I had the same problem only to find out that they were on upside down lol, i also changed disks and pads together

Yeah im pretty sure mine are the right way up, ill double check tonight tho. How on earth did someone manage to fit yours upside down? do they end up upside down by putting the nearside on the offside and vice versa?

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
When i bought the car the front disks were badly warped. I thought this may have caused bubbles in the brake fluid, so bled the brakes and changed the fluid, unfortunately this did not make them any better :(

not meaning to sound daft, but did you not change the actual disks aswell?? surely warped discs arent going to help with any braking??

jivejester

Nov 29, 2007
Have you got access to a laptop and vagcom?

Maybe worth running through the abs bleed procedure. I suffered similar problems, and pressue bled many times. One bleed of the abs system using vagcom and the problem was solved.

greg

Aug 31, 2005
not meaning to sound daft, but did you not change the actual disks aswell?? surely warped discs arent going to help with any braking??

Have you got access to a laptop and vagcom?

Maybe worth running through the abs bleed procedure. I suffered similar problems, and pressue bled many times. One bleed of the abs system using vagcom and the problem was solved.

Hmmm not a bad idea. Looking at a few procedures online, am i right in thinking the ABS cannot be bled manually and will need the use of pressure equipment? any idea how much this would cost at a garage?

Cheers for the help.

Greg

May 16, 2008
southampton
just a carry on from this thread i have a spongey brake pedal, but some times it will be hard and work fine like today i drove to work and home at diffenent times, then i went out tonight and my brakes was pants very spongey as if there no pressure the at all but its not just the brake fills like the clutch is effected as well, any idea people ..

just to let you know i have changed slide pins due to a seized one, brake fulid, pads disc all round checked for leakin caliper, and also just changed brake master cylinder..

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members