sporadic

17654 P1245 035
Needle lift sender -G80
implausible signal
sporadic

17978 P1570 035
Engine control unit disabled

plus the engine timing is way out

now I being told by VW that these faults have been cause by someone unplugging parts of the engine management system and "tampering" with them, which i have not done the only thing that has been touched on the vans is the bulbs and when the battery was compleately flat just after Christmas.
this is actually a works vehicle that i use and when i received the van it was 2000 miles over service(this was unknown to me at the time), the engine management light came on about 3 weeks ago and i told the boss straight away, and i also said the van didn't "feel" right when driving, this is the first time he told me it was due a service, he had the van back of of me at 4000 miles over service which he was happy with because he couldn't afford to have the van off the road until now. i am now being told that I'm a liar and that i getting the blame for it as i had the van recently and because.... and i quote "like playing around with cars".

really really not happy about this as you can imagine, any help would be appreciated on what can cause this faults and it there any way of finding out when the occoured
thanx

Jun 28, 2001
some of these faults have been caused by a flat battery p1245 this fault is caused by the immobiliser low battery voltage the needle lift sender is the part on the diesel pump which cuts the fule like the older type pumps which ran a fuel shut off valve solenoid.the control unit disabled has been caused by the low voltage as well having not enough voltage to read the immobiliser chip in the key so locks the engine control unit i.e. engine control unit disabled
as for the coolant temp sensor fault then that will be the cause of the poor running which is as common as hell on the whole vag range of vehicles they are always going wrong and either over fuelling or running lean.
So no one has been playing as ive seen this 100's of times most of which is down to a flat battery :)
theres your reply:)

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
goble thank you ever so much for the reply, i have resigned over this matter as he continued to make accusations about me "tampering with the van" and i am now in the process of going through a grievance procedure hence the urgent but :)
thanks again buddy

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members