USB Problem

gaffer1986

Hello

I am having trouble getting my memory stick to work with the USB function on the Ibiza. I plug it in and it just says no device.

I have tried deleting everything from the USB stick and just putting two 360 kbps MP3s on it and have still had no joy. :confused:

Do i need to do somthing to get this to work? I have also tried plugging my girlfriends IPod Nano in via USB which also does not work.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
It won't play of USB as far as I know, assuming you have iPod prep with the USB slot under the heater controls. You need to buy the iPod cradle and lead set, this uses both the USB and a headphone jack that is required for playback.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
It should play MP3's off a usb stick, but as Techie says it wont play music off an iPod by just using an iPod cable - you need the whole cradle.

The usb stick option should definetly work though.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Ah ok, not something I have tried myself. But I know they have to be the right file type and in correct folders then to play iirc.

Ibiza 09

with the ipod headphone plug i only have to put the cable into my headphone plug in the ipod then the cable into the aux port and my ipod will work correctly so you dont have to have the usb to get the ipod to work. This is the same for the psp which i tried today

Ibiza 09

good point didnt know that part, never really tried thats why

gaffer1986

Thanks, i was thinking of buying the cradle anyway, just wanted to test the sound quality before i shelled out £70.00.

Will persevere with the USB memory stick play back, i will try putting the MP3s into folders and see if that works.

alexfr10

Jan 8, 2010
Llandudno, North Wales
Hello

I am having trouble getting my memory stick to work with the USB function on the Ibiza. I plug it in and it just says no device.

I have tried deleting everything from the USB stick and just putting two 360 kbps MP3s on it and have still had no joy. :confused:

Do i need to do somthing to get this to work? I have also tried plugging my girlfriends IPod Nano in via USB which also does not work.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

i have used my usb, with no folders or any particular order of mp3's and it worked fine, now I'm connecting my nokia via usb and that works fine too.
possibly an in compatible flash drive. i would assume that the car's system would be pre loaded with drivers for usb sticks and it just probably doesn't have drivers for yours.

try another stick if you have one, or borrow one just to test it. might be the usb port.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Thanks, i was thinking of buying the cradle anyway, just wanted to test the sound quality before i shelled out £70.00.

Will persevere with the USB memory stick play back, i will try putting the MP3s into folders and see if that works.

I was just thinking... have you tried formatting the memory stick.

If you go to my computer and right click on the memory stick theres an option to format which will delete all the data, but it better than just deleting the files, if that makes any sense, can fix weird errors and stuff.

So it's probably worth a try to format it and copy some songs over again, because my car doesn't seem fussy with mp3's at all. I have around 200, all at various bitrates and not in folders and it plays them fine.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Make sure the USB stick is formatted using FAT32. If you use NTFS the car will not be able to recognise it.

jewelx

I just got a USB memory stick from WHS and downloaded all my music works fine ...