v5 bunny hopping slightly!!

spart74

today i started my tolly up and moved off it kept cuuting out like it had no fuel it was like this for about half a mile then was ok anyone :thumbd: else had this???

Seat tech

Could be the air mass meter on the air box messin up that often causes incorrect fueling, or lambda probes could cause the same.

spart74

well hopefully its ok tomorrow my old fiesta used to do it when i pulled away now and again?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
try it with a few more revs ??

sounds daft but have done it myself in earlier/leater models the same

Dinosaur

May 31, 2005
Hi there,

I have recently sent my car into a SEAT Dealership to have a second key made, however they have made a pig's ear out of it. I also asked them to check on my Toledo 2.3 V5 150bhp and they said that the MAF sensor was dead thru their diagnostics sftware, and they wanted £275 exc labour and vat. I have read on some forums that to check if the MAF is faulty, to disconnect it and to drive without it connected and it should drive better. However, when i disconnected it, it was still playing up?

I have exactly the same problem!!!

Seat tech

midcuk said:
had the same problem m8 did the disconnect battery for 20 mins trick and this sorted it never happened again

What ever was causing ur problem could have re programmed itself back to its original state i'll have to remember that one.

spart74

Dinosaur said:
I have ordered a Air Mass Meter from GSK for £82...hope that works....
let us know how it goes!still happening to mine only had it 4 weeks bought privately?? though will have to try disconnecting the battery overnight its worth a go! also tryed giving some big revs before i set off but stillo the same???!!

Last edited by a moderator:

redv5

Sep 3, 2002
Hampshire
Sounds like the MAF, mine is in as I write for a replacement. Anyone else with a 99 finding this year expensive for their V5. :(

redv5

Sep 3, 2002
Hampshire
Spark plugs
New pads all round
Rear Disks
Electric window mechanism
Electric Mirror (all but glass)

:(

spart74

redv5 said:
Spark plugs
New pads all round
Rear Disks

unlucky!! hope it dont happen 2 me??? may of just started!!!

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
redv5 said:
Spark plugs
New pads all round
Rear Disks

The first three of those would be seen as consumables and part of anyone's experience of owning a car. As for my '99 V5 it's been trouble free except for another brake switch gone, although this time it was replaced with a new type of switch which has hopefully resolved the known weakness with the previous one (only £30 inc. labour and done on used warranty anyway). I can't complain - I've had a trouble free year, although I get a bit nervous when I see a lot of the posts with faults on a V5 - perhaps more than any other models on this forum? Off for a remap next week - I bet they'll find something wrong then.

MarkQuinton

Sep 22, 2004
Mine is costly too, i have had a new throttle body and maf sensor and the car still feels way down on power and doesn't pull away with any speed. Also the idle is not correct and I need a new clutch. Everytime I reset the ecu is feels better for a while but just gets worse again. Not pleased with the car's reliabilty at all, its just not consistant. The revs rise when I floor the cutch sometimes aswell.

Going back to jap cars after this for sure.

Mark

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.