V5 registration issue date not right on car im looking at buying...

ando

Mar 25, 2005
homepage.eircom.net
Hi guys,

Im currently looking for a new seat diesel, i had one checked out at hpicheck.com and it came back saying the V5 registration issue date was different to the DVLA record. Is this something to really worry about? Everything else is ok, like chassis matches the VRM, the V5 serial is not recorded stolen or duplicated etc..

any tips?

What is the v5 registration issue date anyway? THe chap that is trying to sell it to me gave me 10/12/08 and the DVLA is saying its own records show 10/12/08 ....

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
If the V5 serial is ok, and the issue date matches, I'm not sure where the mismatch is?

I had a nightmare with my V5, the previous one got lost in the post and I had to get a new one. But the new one had the wrong chassis number, which flagged my car as being 'invalid'. So it took a lot of convincing and lots of paperwork to get the numbers to match up.

ando

Mar 25, 2005
homepage.eircom.net
If the V5 serial is ok, and the issue date matches, I'm not sure where the mismatch is.

hi,

sorry i got mixed up..

The V5 cert issue date is 10/12/08
When i check with the DVLA, its saying the issue date was 18/12/08.....

Everything else checks out ok, just wondering if a week difference between what is printed on the V5 cert and what the issue date is on the DVLA database makes such a difference? I mean should I be considering canceling the whole deal because of it?

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
This might be a really obvious thing, and probably not the problem, but could it simply be a case of bad handwriting? If either you or the owner copied it down wrong, it could be misread. An 8 and a 0 when handwritten can look awfully similar. The issue date and serial number are sourced from the DVLA and it's an electronic printout, so it's difficult for them to mismatch.

The serial number matches, the issue date is close, so I don't think there's anything wrong. But I would go and see if you can look at the V5 again, the actual document rather than what he tells you.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise