V5 Tax disc holder and possible mods.

dklitzke

Hi

I have just bought a 2001 170bhp V5. The black tax disc holder was knackered so I went to remove it and found a wire (co-ax I think) and copper plate inside. Any ideas what this might be for? Sine I have removed it, I have had no problems with the radio or the sat nav so I am a little confused as to what it was for.:confused:

Once cash permits, I would like to upgrade a few things. Can anyone advise on ecu upgrades (including the effect on performance and economy), air filters and a boot spoiler.:help:

Cheers
Dan

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
Seat sport do a spoiler (get it from dealership).

all mods from the Leon will fit the front part of the car, the back is the prob cos of the extra metal!

some VW and Audi parts fit too.... ie W8 interior light, Bora aero wipers, TT peddles.......
WIPERs.jpg

PEDDLES.jpg

need deep pockets, once you start, stopping is dead hard

(have a couple of photos to upload, having real probs with connection at work, will edit post later!)
Damn internet!!!
ToledoPix004.jpg

024cropped.jpg

Last edited:

dklitzke

Whats your experience of the AmD chip - worth a go?
I must admit I am very tempted - £350 seems quite reasonalbe compared to the Abbot upgrade on my Saab 9-3 which cost over £600 fitted without any rolling road.

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
dklitzke said:
Whats your experience of the AmD chip - worth a go?
I must admit I am very tempted - £350 seems quite reasonalbe compared to the Abbot upgrade on my Saab 9-3 which cost over £600 fitted without any rolling road.

I thought it was worth it. You don't have it done and think "wow that's an awesome difference", but it has given it an edge and the power is smooth, available and useable. It is a very nice drive indeed. A bit more info with my charts are here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62537

madpeck

It will proberbly be the aerial for a phone kit.

Phone kit may have been removed but they will have left the aerial in.

just found the same thing on my lcr, some said same as you but one said it is something to do with the alarm system? a sensor maybe? aint removed it as of yet but any advice ?:confused:

russ0r

If you're after a remap there's a guy on golfv5.co.uk from DNA tuning in Stratford-upon-Avon.
Does it for £150 for golfv5 members and everyone over there says his remaps are awesome. 15-20bhp and similar torque gains.
Might be worth looking in to :)