Vacuume hoses size UPDATED

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
Hi guys

Looking at changing my vacuum hoses before i get my remap and turbosmart dumpvalve and not sure what size i would need to get as ive searched and some say 4mm and some 3mm.

So do i need 4mm or 3mm hoses?

I found the below on Forge's site would 3metres be enough to change all of them under the bonnet or would i need more?

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0022VT&product=FMVT4B

Thanks

Chris

Last edited:

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=233151

It's even on the first page of threads... :ban:

3m will be plenty.

Yeah i did read that post as i said i had searched but i still didnt know if i was ment to have 3mm or 4mm.

So again with my question :)

Is it 3mm or 4mm i need to get?

Or after re-reading a few threads again am i right in thinking more people have 3mm ID vacuume hoses?

Also with the 3mm one will i also need jubilee clips to secure them on?

Last edited:

Ricardo_Smooth

Powered by Apples!
Jun 26, 2007
sheffield
3mm or 4mm (it makes no difference) and no you dont need clips with either (i've had both on my car and it makes no difference either way, but my current ones are 4mm because i changed to blue and got it cheap and my old ones were red

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
3mm or 4mm (it makes no difference) and no you dont need clips with either (i've had both on my car and it makes no difference either way, but my current ones are 4mm because i changed to blue and got it cheap and my old ones were red

Thank you for the clear answer :)

Im going to order 3mm ones then i think.

So even tho they have clips on standard people dont bother with clips when they change them? Or is it just yourself that hasnt bothered with clips?

Thanks again.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Ive got 3mm as there a bit more tight and dont really need any clips or anything...although i still have :)

4mm are fine aswell but just a bit less tight...

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
Ive got 3mm as there a bit more tight and dont really need any clips or anything...although i still have :)

4mm are fine aswell but just a bit less tight...

Thanks just on ebay now getting some samco 3mm ones as it works out cheaper from there as forge postage cost is more than the hose lol

Mat

i have 4mm with no clips....

just reminded me, I have 3m of 3mm. gonna swap it all later or 2moz.... Had it for about 4 months lol. along with Forge SAI blanking plate

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
I ordered the 3mm Samco vacuum lines from ebay last night. Thanks for the rest of ur answers i wont bother with clips then.

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
Changed them all over today.

Went to change the one that went from the top of the forge 007P dumpvalve but the nipple on top of that is 2 big for the 3mm vacuum hose how did people get around that as the other end of the pipe goes on fine but not on top of the DV.

Also i noticed the standard pipes were 4mm Internal diameter so we are all ok making them a lil smaller then?

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
I went for 4mm, put the end that goes over the DV in some warm water to make it flex/stretch abit more. It will go on.

So are you saying for me to get some 4mm hose for that one and stretch it over?

Or are you saying my 3mm hose should stretch over the DV what its warm?

(sorry if that sounds dumb)

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
4mm is what you should use, i always used 4mm on mine which as ive said a million times is what Forge themselves recommend you use

feck sake every1 was telling me 3mm and i didnt see forge recommend 4mm.

Thats why i started this thread to find out what one i really should be using as every other thread has something different.

(Shame the search didnt come up with your threads where u have said it before)

Will i get any problems then Myki running 3mm? Should i get some 4mm ordered now do you think?

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise