Vag Com Code - Coil Light Flashing FR TDI 170 2008

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
i have just recently seen the Coil light flashing when turning on the car Intermittently. Goes in to limp mode and comes up Fuel Management.

scanned with vag com and comes back with:

Sunday, 04 May 2008, 13:30:41

VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-S

Control Module Part Number:

Component and/or Version: R4 2.0l PPD1.2 G 2280

Software Coding: 0050072

Work Shop Code: WSC 66565

1 Fault Found:

05522 - Unknown Error Code

006 - Short to Plus - Intermittent

what does this mean. Also i can turn the car off and back on and it clears but then Cruise control stops working. I then have to turn the car off and leave it for 5 mins and back on then it works again. then the next day the it will repeat the whole procedure?

any ideas

leonfr170

Jun 16, 2007
i've had my car go into a limp mode twice now with the coil light wthout warning - i mamaged to sort it out by turning engine off and back on again but doesn't excatly fill me with confidence:whistle:

smartin

I've had the flashing coil warning come up twice and go into limp mode in my FR TDI since November 07. On both occasions it would go away before returning at some random point.

First visit to dealer diagnosed it as a faulty throttle sensor which was replaced. Lasted a few weeks before the warning came back. Another visit to the dealer again diagnosed faulty throttle sensor but further tests of the sensor did not show a fault. Was told to take car back and bring it in again if the problem recurred. It did in early January and the dealer again said it was faulty throttle sensor and gave the car a thorough going over, replacing the sensor and wiring and, touch wood, it's been fine since!!!

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
now been in to dealer 6 times with this problem and happening again !!!!!!!!! now seriously pi***d off.

any ideas what it could be any one

to date it has had the following replaced:

1x ECU
1x Turbo - for some reason
1x Fusebox
1x Temperature Sensor

and it still doing it with the same error code. brake light switch seems fine

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
well once again its back in to the dealers with this problem, they now have ordered a Charge pressure sensor????

any ideas what this is? and where it is located

jtr

Feb 22, 2008
I had the exact same problem a few weeks ago, doing it at random times. I took it to the local dealer in Durham who said it was more than likely something to do with the DPF and gave me a leaflet on cleaning the filter. Left it with them in limp mode and when picked up was told there was no trace of any problems even though it was delivered in limp mode! I think the short answer is they haven't got a clue!

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
I had the exact same problem a few weeks ago, doing it at random times. I took it to the local dealer in Durham who said it was more than likely something to do with the DPF and gave me a leaflet on cleaning the filter. Left it with them in limp mode and when picked up was told there was no trace of any problems even though it was delivered in limp mode! I think the short answer is they haven't got a clue!

totally agree, spoke to them (well a technician) and they said the same thing that it was a DPF problem lol, seems like its there answer to everything.

Alexandra Bridge in sunderland have found the Charge boost pressure problem and waiting on the part to be delievered. so will see when i get the part fitted, its annoying tho as it can be fine for 3 months at a time so [:@]

Goose17

My car has been into the garage in Aberdeen to get this problem fixed 6 times."FR550". I've had more sensors changed that all of Seat put together.
4 x Pressure Sensors
4 x other sensors to check the Pressure Sensors
2 x Exhaust Sensors
The sensor for the DPF x 2

Now i want a valuation for my car.
I have also threatened them with Watchdog.
Seriously Pi**ed off now

Xe

I had a similar problem quite a while ago now. Had all sorts of sensors replaced etc. Turned out to be a faulty cable to one of the sensors (think it was Charge pressure sensor). Cable was replaced and car was fine ever since.

gregster72

Paddy Power
May 10, 2007
South Wales
Soz to hear of these bad experiences. :(

Funnily enough, mine has just had its 20k service and I've been having intermittent probs with the whole flashing coil light and messages on the MFD. Dealer gave me a copy of the diagnostic report, and apparently its an 'exhaust gas temp sensor'. They've cleared the event memory and all is well for now. Fitter told me to expect the fault to reoccur, so the dealer has taken the liberty of ordering the part ready!! Thankfully I haven't experienced the limp home mode yet - hope I haven't tempted fate!! (Cue subtle plug for the dealer, Garej Raymond in Pontyberem - first class as usual!!) :worship:

This flags up and interesting issue, tho. The car has been playing up since May bank hols. Booked the car in with White Dove (aka Sh*te Dove!!) soon as 'cos I work in close proximity and did'nt fancy the being left stranded if it all went the way of the pear. Advised in advance that the diagnostic could take "anywhere between 5mins - 5 hours", so best get the vehicle to them by 08:30!! Sounded fair enough. Left the vehicle there and, due to their reputation, parked the vehicle in their compound so that it could be viewed from my office window. Advised by service staff that the vehicle should be ready by 1pm. Car untouched until 11:45. Went for lunch 10mins later, and was passed by my car on a test going the opposite way!! Call from dealer within 5 mins to say no fault found, cleared the event memory, come a get your car.........and btw give us a bell if it happens again!!! Kiss my ar*e, matey boy... :censored:

Getting to the point, discussed this with Adrian at Raymonds and it turns out that fault gets flagged up as a malfunction on the engine electronics read out. There are SEAT troubleshooting protocols that need to be followed to trace the source of the glitch, and this is what takes the time! Q - Do dealers really know what they're looking for???

Glad there's some sense now, as I was seriously looking to offload the car if things persisted.......

jtr

Feb 22, 2008
Problem still there with the car, its booked to go back in the dealer.

When I arranged this straight away I was met with it's a DPF problem and your style of driving. I had to explain that it does when the car is in motion, but also the light can come on before the car is started and if it is left (un started) for up to 15 minutes it goes away. Now I am no mechanic but I can not see it being a DPF problem as the car has not been started or driven anywhere to clear it.

Anyone got any tips to suggest to the dealer when it goes in?

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
well mine seems to be sorted now with the change of the Charge Pressure Sensor.

Can you tell me what code comes up on yours (do you have vag com) as if it is 05522 then this is probs your problem

jtr

Feb 22, 2008
Thanks - I don't have VGA com, its been to dealer and some sensors were a fault - so will have to see what happens!

Goose17

I've had the same problems as many people do on here. Whats the point in buying a cable when the car is still under warranty. Get the dealer to fix it and if he cannot solve the problem, then get onto the Seat Customer service department. They will certainly get it sorted.:lol:
It's in the best interests of the customer care department to get it sorted quickly. They don't want or need any bad publicity.:lol:

Goose17

Just got the car back from the dealer again. Height Sensor was the problem, so they said, wil see how long it lasts.:lol::lol:

Got the 1st service done at same time - £135.:(

cupra87

Why Why Why

Why Do We Buy These Cars When We Know They Go Wrong In More Ways Than One!!!!
About 5 Minutes Ago My Coil Light Came On. Really Dont Hve The Time Or Patience To Find Out Whats Wrong With It Anymore.

www.allaboutthemoney.net

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.