Vag - Com complete kit!

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Can anyone tell me the best place to get the required kit to use Vag-Com, i want to be able to check fault code's, and airflow etc (i think this is some of the stuff people use it for.

I'd be looking for the cable, and also the program.

Any places and prices would be appreciated, i dont wanna waste money on stuff i dont need, or that wont work. Im not a particularly computer literate person, so please be gentle!!

Cheers Tom

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
There seems to be loads of different types, and i dont understand computer stuff to know which is best. I know the difference between USB and serial port cables. And i've heard things about the USB ones not being as good as the others.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
for ease of use, if you have a serial port on your laptop..get a serial cable
if you have only usb connectors on your laptop....get a new laptop. :D

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
lol good point!

Ive got a female serial port, on the laptop, and there's a rosstech serial cable on ebay, which is also female, so i'd have to find some way of connecting the two!

Cheers for the help mate, i appreciate it

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
harry that will work fine, forbez, serial ports are male mate, 9 pin, if it isnt its probably the external video youre looking at.

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
bollox, looks like i aint got a serial port on the craptop!!

Got a new PC coming soon, may have to get a USB cable until then, or get myself a new craptop and make sure its got a serial port.
Although i am reading about external serial ports, but i dunno how good they are.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.